- Additive manufacturing
- Innovative physical, chemical and physicochemical processes
- Photonics-based materials processing technologies
- Shaping technology for difficult to shape materials
- Replication, Equipment for flexible scalable prod/Assembly , Coatings
- Methods for handling of parts, metrology and inspection
- Integration of non-conventional technologies and conventional technologies
- High productivity and “self assembly” technologies development of conventional (joining, forming, machining) and new micro/nano-manufacturing processes
- Flexible Sheet-to-Sheet (S2S) and Roll-to-Roll (R2R)
- Recycling processes
- Control technologies
Condition and performance monitoring technologies
Demonstrator 3 – Predict remaining useful life Validation of residual life prediction of components/machines based on CNC control internal signal processing The developed of prediction algorithms and condition monitoring strategies applied to the available machines tools. Different strategies and algorithms have been compared regarding their performance to detect the failure mode and time, together with the associated confidence of prediction.
Intelligent machinery components, actuators and end-effectors
Demonstrator 5 – Reusability and renovation Validation of re-usability of components and Renovation approach based on multifunctional add-on modules. The new multifunctional add-on modules has been integrated into a selected machine tool, thanks to these new intelligent modules the destination of use of a machine can be changed giving the possibilities have further options for decommission.
- Energy technologies
- Advanced materials in manufacturing systems
- Digital manufacturing platforms
IoT - Internet of Things
Demonstrator 2 – DDSS Validation of Life Cycle Cost (LCC) analysis integrated with Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and Decommissioning Decision Support System. The End OF Life (EOL) decision support requires the maintenance history of a machine tool . A special and dedicated SW module is in charge of collecting the necessary informations related to components directly from the machines control system.
- Human Machine Interfaces
- Data analytics, processing and AI
- System modelling, simulation and forecasting
- Programming Frameworks – Software Development Kits (SDKs)
- Programming Languages
- Operating systems
- ICT Architectures
- From Product/Services Systems (product centric approach) to Services through Product (solution oriented approach)
- From delocalisation to Globalisation 2.0
- From User-centric design to user well-being design
Virtualisation and digitalisation of the interrelation between manufacturing and new business models
Augmented Reality-based tools and the remote assistance platform have been used to support operators in maintenance and repair procedures. Virtual Realty based Re-Manufacturing Interactive immersive technologies for process planning (i.e. fixturing sequencing), has been developed using commercial off the shelf software. Operational simulation (i.e. cnc machine program simulation), layout optimization of factories and or workcells can be carried out and helping to achieve a more productive and safer working environment.