- R&I Objective 1.1: Zero-defect and zero-downtime high-precision manufacturing, including predictive quality and non-destructive inspection methods
- R&I Objective 1.2: Manufacturing for miniaturisation and functional Integration
- R&I Objective 1.3: Scalable, reconfigurable and flexible first-time right manufacturing
R&I Objective 1.4: Artificial intelligence for productive, excellent, robust and agile manufacturing chains - Predictive manufacturing capabilities & logistics of the future
Provide advanced and sophisticated AI-based cognitive perception capabilities at cell and factory level to achieve autonomy, human-robot collaboration, productivity and safety. Explicit models of human cognition and behaviour in the context of human–robot collaboration will be developed so robots and workers will function as members of the same team throughout the factory floor.
KPI: Cognitive perception in factory floor and workchells surpass 80%
KPI: Increase manipulation success rate by 50%
- R&I Objective 1.5: Advanced Manufacturing processes for smart and complex products
- R&I Objective 1.6: Data ‘highways’ and data spaces in support of smart factories in dynamic value networks
- R&I Objective 2.1: Ultra-efficient, low energy and carbon-neutral manufacturing
R&I Objective 2.2: De-manufacturing, re-manufacturing and recycling technologies for circular economy
support safe and effective human-robot collaboration in the phases of device classification, disassembly and materials sorting in WEEE recycling plants.
KPI: Reduction of de-and remanufacturing costs of at least 20% with respect to currently adopted processes
KPI: Reduction of production costs, for products with re-usable components, of at least 30%.
KPI: Decrease in waste and scraps in de-and remanufacturing of at least 40%.
- R&I Objective 2.3: Manufacturing with new and substitute materials
- R&I Objective 2.4: Virtual end-to-end life-cycle engineering and manufacturing from product to production lines, factories, and networks
- R&I Objective 2.5: Digital platforms and data management for circular product and production-systems life-cycles
- R&I Objective 2.6: Predictive Manufacturing capabilities & Logistics of the future
- R&I Objective 3.1: Collaborative product-service engineering for costumer driven manufacturing value networks
- R&I Objective 3.2: Manufacturing processes and approaches near to customers or consumers (including urban manufacturing)
- R&I Objective 3.3: Transparency, trust and data integrity along the product and manufacturing life-cycle
- R&I Objective 3.4: Secure communication and IP management for smart factories in dynamic value networks
- R&I Objective 4.1: Digital platforms and engineering tools supporting creativity and productivity of manufacturing development
- R&I Objective 4.2: Improving human device interaction using augmented and virtual reality and digital twins
- R&I Objective 4.3: Human & technology complementarity and excellence in manufacturing
- R&I Objective 4.4: Manufacturing Innovation and change management
- R&I Objective 4.5: Technology validation and migration paths towards industrial deployment of advanced manufacturing technologies by SMEs