ISO/IEC 27019 - Information technology — Security techniques — Information security controls for the energy utility industryFree text search on: projects results, demos etc.
Provides guidance based on ISO/IEC 27002:2013 applied to process control systems used by the energy utility industry for controlling and monitoring the production or generation, transmission, storage and distribution of electric power, gas, oil and heat, and for the control of associated supporting processes.
- central and distributed process control, monitoring and automation technology as well as information systems used for their operation, such as programming and parameterization devices;
- digital controllers and automation components such as control and field devices or Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), including digital sensor and actuator elements;
- all further supporting information systems used in the process control domain, e.g. for supplementary data visualization tasks and for controlling, monitoring, data archiving, historian logging, reporting and documentation purposes;
- communication technology used in the process control domain, e.g. networks, telemetry, telecontrol applications and remote control technology;
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) components, e.g. smart meters;
- measurement devices, e.g. for emission values; - digital protection and safety systems, e.g. protection relays, safety PLCs, emergency governor mechanisms;
- energy management systems, e.g. of Distributed Energy Resources (DER), electric charging infrastructures,
- all software, firmware and applications installed on above-mentioned systems, e.g. DMS (Distribution Management System) applications or OMS (Outage Management System); - any premises housing the above-mentioned equipment and systems;
- remote maintenance systems for above-mentioned systems.
ISO/IEC 27019:2017 does not apply to the process control domain of nuclear facilities. This domain is covered by IEC 62645. ISO/IEC 27019:2017 also includes a requirement to adapt the risk assessment and treatment processes described in ISO/IEC 27001:2013 to the energy utility industry-sector?specific guidance provided in this document.