European industry has been very competitive on the global markets by utilizing highly efficient Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools and massively producing high quality products. The advent for mass customization has been stressing the capability of modularization and flexibility of production processes through the incorporation of AI technologies. However, the communication between the different automation systems has not been yet accomplished efficiently since they lack interoperability and are restricted to their own system of coordination.
The MAS4AI proposal proposes a system that allows the deployment and synchronization of different AI agents in manufacturing for autonomous modular production and human assistance. The MAS4AI system will be heavily driven by large industrial cases and will aim towards digitalising European industry with AI tools according to the Industry 4.0 paradigm.
MAS4AI will develop its overall ambition by the means of four Scientific and Technological objectives namely:
- Multi-Agents-System (MAS) for distributing AI components in different hierarchy layers, customers and suppliers for realising refurbishment activities,
- AI agents using Knowledge-based Representation with Semantic Web Technologies,
- AI Agents for hierarchical planning of production processes,
- Model-based Machine Learning (ML) AI agent.
MAS4AI research and technological activity will be strongly driven by a set of industrial use cases which will be then used as demonstrators.
The demonstrators involve important industrial sectors of high value added for Europe, namely AI technologies used for automotive, contract manufacturing, bicycle industry, bearings production and wood processing industry.
|Total budget - Public funding:||5 973 078,00 Euro - 5 973 078,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||Artificial intelligence for manufacturing (ICT-38-2020)|
- No published items
- No published items
- | Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz (DFKI) (Coördinator)
- | AIMEN
- | CASP
- | D.M.D. COMPUTERS SRL
- | FERSA BEARINGS, SA
- | Fundacion Tecnalia Research Corporation
- | LMS - University of Patras
- | SCM Group
- | SEMAKU BV
- | SISTEPLANT SL
- | TNO - Nederlandse Organisatie voor Toegepast Natuurwetenschappelijk Onderzoek
- | UAB BALTIK VAIRAS (BALTIK VAIRAS)
- | UNIWERSYTET SLASKI (UNIWERSYTET SLASKI)
- | VDL INDUSTRIAL MODULES (VDLIM)
- | VIESOJI ISTAIGA INTECHCENTRAS (SMART MANUFACTURING COMPETENCES CENTRE INTECHCENTRAS)