The overall scope of the DAPhNE project is to develop and demonstrate a package of integrated solutions for energy intensive processes (ceramics, cement and glass), based on tuning micro-wave technologies to the material characteristics and on intelligent control systems, to provide real time information about the energy consumption as well as the product quality.
Microwave heating is now a well established heating technique for many industrial sectors with low temperature processes (i.e. drying) and low power demand. However, high temperature microwave heating has not been implemented as a full-scale industrial-processing.
The DAPhNE project brings together three manufacturing sectors (ceramic, glass and cement) with common problems in relation to the energy consumption of their firing processes, seeking common solutions via the implementation of high temperature MW technologies based on self-adaptive control and monitoring systems.
The multidisciplinary consortium comprises 7 industrial partners together with 1 technological-based company closely collaborating with group of 9 research organizations.
The DAPhNE project brings together the ceramic, glass and cement industries to develop, test and demonstrate a package of modular and re-configurable solutions based on:
- Self-adaptive control of high temperature MW processes as well as
- Active control of production lines that incorporate the above proposed MW solutions, capable of maximizing autonomy and interaction capability with existing machinery and ensuring re-use of existing infrastructures.
|Number of participants:||18|
|Total budget - Public funding:||8 533 345,00 Euro - 5 756 149,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||Adaptive production systems and measurement and control equipment for optimal energy consumption and near-to-zero emission (FoF.NMP.2012-1)|
|Instrument:||Large-scale integrating project|
- | KERABEN GRUPO SA (Coördinator)
- | National Technical University of Athens
- | UNIVERSITA POLITECNICA DELLE MARCHE
- | Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft
- | AGENCIA ESTATAL CONSEJO SUPERIOR DE INVESTIGACIONES CIENTIFICAS
- | FLORIN CHRISTIAN
- | COMERCIALIZADORA ESPANOLA DE INNOVACIONES Y MATERIALES SL (CEINNMAT)
- | Cemex Research Group AG
- | CEMEX CENTRAL SA DE CV
- | ASOCIACION DE INVESTIGACION DE LAS INDUSTRIAS DE LA CONSTRUCCION
- | ASCEM BV
- | INSTITUTO SUPERIOR TECNICO
- | UNIVERSITAT POLITECNICA DE VALENCIA
- | TECNICAS REUNIDAS SA
- | TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAET BERGAKADEMIE FREIBERG