ComVantage is envisioned to be an inter-organisational collaboration space turning today’s organisation-centred manufacturing approach into a product-centred one. Manufacturers will benefit from a flexible, efficient platform that helps them to operate as one virtual factory and thus gain competitive advantages in their markets. Based on best practises of Web 2.0 technologies the collaboration space will be an extension to existing business and engineering software. The framework of the virtual factory will encompass a secure access control that is founded on dynamic workflow models and flexible user roles accounting for large enterprises, SMEs and for end-customers. It will enable temporary and decentralised access management for ad-hoc collaboration between geographically distributed experts. To adhere to changing working situations, to efficient communication, and to rich interaction technologies, ComVantage will focus on mobile devices. Intuitive and secure mobile apps will support users in fast decision making and problem solving. Information from different sources across the organisations will be provided and maintained via ‘Linked Data’. The integration of sensor data allows for products to be members of the collaboration space. A continuous evaluation of the ICT and business model considering use cases throughout the project will verify the added-value of ComVantage for European industry. The utilisation of existing technologies, a close user approach, and an incremental project set-up will provide sound concepts ready for fast production. Thus implementing ComVantage will increase lean communication, agile and highly efficient production processes, cost control and a low carbon footprint.
|Total budget - Public funding:||10 941 335,00 Euro - 7 339 000,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||Virtual Factories and enterprises (FoF.ICT.2011.7.3)|
Comment: -customer integration into production processes - support for process status transparency and late customization - support of fine-grained customization of individual products (not mass customization)
Comment: -ad-hoc adaptation of production processes w.r.t changing business and technical constraints - ad-hoc adaptation of tool support (e.g. mobile App Ensembles)
Comment: collaboration space w.r.t. secure cross-domain / cross-organizational user authentication and fine-grained user authorization (based on graph-concepts, Linked Data principles)
Comment: Adapter for semantic lifting of field/machine data (based on proprietary machine middleware), harmonization and interlinking of field/machine data with business data based on Linked Data principles
Comment: Collaboration space for manufacturing-oriented virtual enterprises (of distributed collaboration partners/stakeholders) - location independent access based on mobile applications, interlinking remote resources (e.g. experts, business data, field data,...)
Comment: Virtual, decentralized manufacturing networks with support for consumer integration provide the chance for new business models
- Relating machine and business data for added ...
- Simplified interface for remote machine acces...
- Self-service business process modelling platf...
- Advanced business process modelling support f...
- Secure information sharing along a distribute...
- Flexible workflow runtime for agile business ...
- Improved remote prediction and collaborative ...
- Collaborative mobile maintenance to accelerat...
- Cycle-time validation support for engineers f...
- Mobile support for production line equipment ...
- Consumer involvement in design & production p...
- Improved production network logistics due to ...
- | SAP AG (Coördinator)
- | ASOCIACION DE EMPRESAS TECNOLOGICAS INNOVALIA
- | BEN-GURION UNIVERSITY OF THE NEGEV
- | BOC BUSINESS OBJECTIVES CONSULTING IBERICA SLU
- | Comau SPA
- | Dresscode21 GmbH
- | EVIDIAN SA
- | INNOVATION SERVICE NETWORK PODJETNISKO IN POSLOVNO SVETOVANJE DOO
- | Innovalia Association
- | Kölsch & Altmann Software & Management Consulting GmbH
- | NEXTEL SA
- | RST INDUSTRIE AUTOMATION GMBH
- | TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAET DRESDEN
- | Technische Universitaet Wien