The objectives of Computer Aided Technologies for Additive Manufacturing (CAxMan) are to establish Cloud based Toolboxes, Workflows and a One Stop-Shop for CAx-technologies supporting the design, simulation and process planning for additive manufacturing.
More specifically the objectives are to establish analysis-based design approaches with the following aims:
- To reduce material usage by 12% through introducing internal cavities and voids, whilst maintaining component properties;
- To optimize distribution and grading of material for multi-material additive manufacturing processes; and
- To facilitate the manufacture of components which are currently impossible or very difficult to produce by subtractive processes (e.g., cutting and abrasive operations);
- To enhance analysis-based process planning for additive manufacturing including thermal and stress aspects, and their interoperability with the design phase;
- To enable the compatibility of additive and subtractive processes in production in order to combine the flexibility of shape in additive manufacturing with the surface finish of subtractive processes.
- Cloud Portal in form of a market place - of Cloud application and services addressing the design, analysis, production chain for additive manufacturing. Hence, all necessary software components to act a Broker of such services will be developed in CAxMan. ARCTUR will host the marketplace.
- An ecosystem of Open Source of algorithmic toolkits for additive manufacturing will be established during the life time of the project, in order to enable sustainability of the marketplace after the project duration, SINTEF will trigger the Open Source community.
- Lessons Learned and practical pattern collections of quantifiable advantages of findings with respect to interoperable model representations for the design production chain for Additive Manufacturing
- Proposed extension to ISO 10303 (STEP) Part 242 edition 2, and byISO / ASTM52915
We will bring more skill of the additive manufacturing process into design and increase the skill of the designer.
CAxMan addresses Computer Aided Technologies of Additive Manufacturing and Complete workflows, including Design and Simulation, providing models aimed at product life-cycle
- D5.6 Metrology workflow for AM workpieces, in...
- D9.9 Presentation and reports at FoF-related ...
- D4.5 Validation strategy for residual stress ...
- D1.8 Final requirements to Cloud Infrastructu...
- D9.5 Report on Standardization ? Year 2
- D2.7 Interactive design and design workflows ...
- D9.6 Outreach plan for Year 3
- D2.4 Shape representation for AM
- D1.7 Interoperability year 2
- D6.6 NC workflow for AM workpieces, including...
- D3.4 AM process plan assessment
- D2.5 Analysis tools for AM, non-linear settin...
- D4.7 Manufacturing Chain
- D1.10 Interoperability year 3
- D9.7 Report on Standardization ? Year 3
- | ITIA-CNR
- | BOC ASSET MANAGEMENT GMBH
- | Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz (DFKI)
- | JOTNE EPM TECHNOLOGY AS
- | Missler Software
- | STIFTELSEN SINTEF
- | TRIMEK SA
- | CENTRE INTERNACIONAL DE METODES NUMERICS EN ENGINYERIA (CIMNE)
- | STAM SRL (C)
- | Fraunhofer
- | ARCTUR RACUNALNISKI INZENIRING DOO
- | TRONRUD ENGINEERING AS
- | NOVATRA