The ENCOMPASS project principally aims to create a fully digital integrated design decision support (IDDS) system to cover the whole manufacturing chain for a laser powder bed fusion (L-PBF) process encompassing all individual processes within in. The ENCOMPASS concept takes a comprehensive view of the L-PBF process chain through synergising and optimising the key stages. The integration at digital level enables numerous synergies between the steps in the process chain and in addition, the steps themselves are being optimised to improve the capability and efficiency of the overall manufacturing chain.
ENCOMPASS addresses the three key steps in the process chain: component design, build process, and post-build process steps (post-processing and inspection).
The links between these stages are being addressed by the following five interrelations:
- Between the design process and both the build and post-build processes in terms of manufacturing constraints / considerations to optimise overall component design
- Between the design process and build process component-specific L-PBF scanning strategies and parameters to optimise processing and reduce downstream processing
- Between the design process and the build and post-build processes in terms of adding targeted feature quality tracking to the continuous quality monitoring throughout the process chain
- Between the build and post-build processes by using build specific processing strategies and adaptation based on actual quality monitoring data (for inspection and post-processing)
- Between all stages and the data management system with the integrated design decision support (IDDS) system By considering the entire AM process chain, rather than the AM machine in isolation, ENCOMPASS will integrate process decision making tools and produce substantial increases in AM productivity, with clear reductions in change over times and re-design, along with increased
|Total budget - Public funding:||4 040 371,00 Euro - 4 040 371,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||Photonics Laser-based production (FoF.2016.13)|
- Creation of ENCOMPASS project website interna...
- ENCOMPASS Poster
- ENCOMPASS Flyer
- ENCOMPASS Roll-up
- Project Kick-off presentation
- General Press Release Available to all partne...
- Project Kick Off Presentation
- Public Day organised and delivered
- Periodic Reporting for period 1 - ENCOMPASS (...
- No published items
- | The Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) Ltd (Coördinator)
- | ALTAIR ENGINEERING LIMITED
- | Centro Ricerche Fiat SCPA (CRF)
- | DEPUY (IRELAND) UNLIMITED
- | ESI SOFTWARE GERMANY GMBH
- | European Federation for Welding, Joining & Cutting - EWF
- | FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT
- | INDUSTRIA DE TURBO PROPULSORES S.A.
- | RENISHAW PLC
- | ROLLS-ROYCE PLC
- | THE UNIVERSITY OF LIVERPOOL