NIMBLE: collaboration Network for Industry, Manufacturing, Business and Logistics in Europe will develop the infrastructure for a cloud-based, Industrie 4.0, Internet-of-things-enabled B2B platform on which European manufacturing firms can register, publish machine-readable catalogs for products and services, search for suitable supply chain partners, negotiate contracts and supply logistics, and develop private and secure B2B and M2M information exchange channels to optimise business work flows. The infrastructure will be developed as open source software under an Apache-type, permissive license.
The governance model is a federation of platforms for multi-sided trade, with mandatory interoperation functions and optional added-value business functions that can be provided by third parties. This will foster the growth of a net-centric business ecosystem for sustainable innovation and fair competition as envisaged by the Digital Agenda 2020. Prospective NIMBLE providers can take the open source infrastructure and bundle it with sectoral, regional or functional added value services and launch a new platform in the federation. Internet platforms need fast adoption rates and the work plan reflects this: we start attracting early adopters from day one and develop the initial, working platform in year one. Added-value business functions follow in year two and final validation at large scale, involving hundreds of external firms, will happen in year three.
Our adoption plan is designed to enable two or more platform providers at the end of the project, and to have 1000 to 2000 enterprises connected to the overall ecosystem at that point. NIMBLE has 17 partners grouped around 3 main activities: developing the infrastructure, running a platform adoption programme, and validating the platform with 4 supply chains (white goods, wooden houses, fashion fabrics, and child care furniture). NIMBLE will give manufacturing SMEs in Europe a stable and sustainable digital ecosystem.
|Number of participants:||17|
|Total budget - Public funding:||7 994 750,00 Euro - 7 994 750,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||Digital Automation - Novel architectures for factory automation based on CPS and IoT - Collaborative manufacturing and logistics (FoF.2016.11)|
|Instrument:||Collaborative project (generic)|
- Field technicians / operators, e.g. visualization of bill of material
- Supply chain experts, e.g. visualization of legislation data
- Production / quality engineers, e.g. designing new business process for new collaborations, e.g. monitoring status of incoming goods
- Sales / marketing representatives, e.g. partner search for supply chains
- Product designers / design engineers, e.g. visualization of quality/design/production data
- Software developers, e.g. software design/deployment facilities e.g. DevOps for Cloud-based applications or IBM Bluemix services.
user interfaces targeting various user groups:
- Product life-cycle management
- Web objects for IoT data ingestion
Spring Boo: Spring Boot is a framework for building web applications. It is built on top of the Spring Framework and follows a zero-configuration principle. The major set of microservices are build using Spring Boot as an application framework.
Spring Cloud: Functionalities for building and integrating microservices are provided by Spring Cloud. It mainly aggregates components of the Netflix Open Source Software (Netflix OSS) project and makes them easily be integrated with
Spring Boot applications. Components of the underlying microservice infrastructure are heavily using modules from Spring Cloud (e.g. Service Discovery, Configuration Server and Gateway Proxy).
Spring Cloud Security: Standardized security mechanisms are implemented using Spring Cloud Security. It provides out-of-the-box integration of security modules to Spring Cloud applications. Authentication and authorization between microservices are realized by using Spring Cloud Security, which supports OAuth2 and OpenID Connect and communicates with the authentication server (i.e. Cloud Foundry UAA).
ELK Stack Logs can be streamed to Logstash, which stores them persistently in Elastic Search. visualizations are done using Kibana, hence the ELK stack. The ELK stack is used to aggregate log output of distributed microservices in order to centrally perform analysis of generated log output.
Cloud Foundry UAA: The Cloud Foundry User Account and Authentication (UAA) is a multi tenant identity management service, available as a stand alone OAuth2 server issuing tokens for clients. Cloud Foundry UAA acts as identity and authentication server issuing OpenID Connect tokens.
Camunda BPM: Camunda BPM is an open source platform for business process management. Camunda BPM is used for the definition and execution of business processes (e.g. supply chain process).
Apache Marmotta: Apache Marmotta is an open implementation of a linked data platform. Apache Marmotta will be mainly used to store catalog data and perform product-search queries. Apache Solr Apache Solr is a free-text indexing tool providing advanced search and navigation capabilities on the indexed data. Apache Marmotta uses Apache Solr for its semantic search cores composed semantic features of indexed items.
Docker: Docker is an open-source solution for application deployment, consisting of prebuilt images running inside a container. Docker will be used for intermediate development releases and on-premises deployment.
PostgreSQL: PostgreSQL is an open-source database system for object-relational data. PostgreSQL will mainly be used as a database technology, in order to have a homogeneous setup.
Apache Kafka: Open Source messaging infrastructure Mainly used for private communication among components and entities.
FIWARE is a reference point concerning available software components.
IBM Bluemix / Cloudfoundry is our initial cloud platform. Google, Amazon, Alibaba are reference points concerning de facto product models, catalogues. FIWARE is a reference point concerning available software components.
- NIMBLE Platform SEED Programme: Manual and Ma...
- Design of an Open API for the NIMBLE Platform
- Distributed Automation: Channel Management fo...
- AMBASSADOR Programme for Early Adopters (year...
- Semantic Modelling of Manufacturing Collabora...
- Product and Service Search Engine and Search ...
- Project Business Plan (year 1)
- Supply Chain Negotiation Support
- Design and Implementation of Security and Pri...
- User Experience Design for Fast System Adopti...
- Dissemination and Communication Plan
- Core Platform Infrastructure
- Platform Architecture Specification and Compo...
- Requirements for Business Models and Collabor...
- Catalogue Ingestion and Semantic Annotation
- No published items
- | SALZBURG RESEARCH FORSCHUNGSGESELLSCHAFT M.B.H. (Coördinator)
- | AIDIMME - Instituto Tecnológico Metalmecánico, Mueble, Madera, Embalaje y Afines
- | HOLONIX SRL
- | IBM ISRAEL - SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY LTD
- | LULEA TEKNISKA UNIVERSITET
- | Fratelli Piacenza SPA
- | SRDC YAZILIM ARASTIRMA VE GELISTIRME VE DANISMANLIK TICARET LIMITED SIRKETI
- | UNIVERSITAET BREMEN
- | Whirlpool Europe srl
- | BALance Technology Consulting GMBH
- | LINDBACKS BYGG AB
- | ENEA
- | FEDERACION EMPRESARIAL DE LA MADERAY MUEBLE DE LA COMUNIDAD VALENCIANA - (FEVAMA)
- | MICUNA S.L.
- | DOMINA SRL