I4MS, ICT Innovation for Manufacturing SMEs, is a European initiative supporting manufacturing SMEs and mid-caps in the widespread use of information and communication technologies (ICT) in their business operations. Under I4MS, SMEs can apply for technological and financial support to conduct small experiments allowing them to test digital innovations in their business via open calls. The I4MS project is now in its third phase with each phase having complementary objectives.
Phase 1 - launched in July 2013 focusing on creating Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) and establishing a core I4MS community/ecosystem.
Phase 2 - launched in Fall 2015, with the aim of further growth of the core I4MS community/ecosystem.
Of the nearly €110 million funding made available during Phases 1 and Phase 2, more than €26 million was distributed to SMEs and Mid-caps through 15 open calls.
Phase 3 - launched in September 2017, and aimed at reinforcing the I4MS ecosystem. During this phase, European SMEs and mid-caps will be exposed to new approaches and methodologies on business models, access to financing, and training opportunities to re-skill staff. A total funding of €34 million is made available under Phase 3.
Focus under Phase 3 of I4MS project is on four technology areas important to the digital transformation of companies in the manufacturing sector: (i) additive manufacturing, (ii) CPS and IoT, (iii) robotics and, (iv) HPC.
I4MS is also one of the key initiatives of the European Commission to shape the pan-European network of Digital Innovation Hubs.
- Innovative technologies: In Robotics, HPC, Additive manufacturing, CPS and IoT.
- Open calls: Funding and technical assistance to support digital transformation.
- Best practices: Success stories and inspiration for SMEs and mid-caps to be more competitive.
- Skills catalogue: In-demand and sought-after skills and access to training opportunities and materials.
- Disruptors Award: Selection and recognition of the best digitisation cases.
- Acceleration programme: Training support on raising funds and matchmaking with peers.
I4MS has also gathered the largest online community of the manufacturing industry in Europe with 1.000+ members, including manufacturing companies, IT providers, competence centres, Digital Innovation Hubs, clusters, associations, investors, experts, and more. Join the I4MS Community now!
|Total budget - Public funding:||992 283,00 Euro - 992 283,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||ICT Innovation for Manufacturing SMEs (I4MS) (FoF.2017.12)|
Visit Twitter Page
Go to project forum