Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is essential for the digitalization of the manufacturing sector; notwithstanding, less than 25% of the manufacturing companies in Europe profit from ICT-enabled solutions. In order to democratically boost the competitiveness of the European manufacturers (especially Small and Medium-sized Enterprises - SMEs), innovative solutions need to consider technological and commercial scalability from the beginning.
From this perspective, the cloudification of services has become the ideal enabler in the manufacturing digitalization. Successful European initiatives such us CloudFlow, cloudSME or Fortissimo have demonstrated the benefits of cloudification for engineering services, by means of combining HPC resources, computational tools, and cloud computing platforms.
Manufacturing SMEs are empowered to compute and solve problems that cannot be tackled without cloud and HPC technology, making them more competitive by reducing development times for innovative product with better performance.
The results of these initiatives are fostering the engineering and to some extend the prototyping processes within the manufacturing workflow; however, monitoring and optimizing production processes have not yet greatly benefited from an integrated information workflow and simulation loop based on on-line factory data.
The core partners of CloudFlow (eu-cloudflow.eu) and cloudSME (cloudsme.eu) are joining forces to leverage factory data with cloud-based engineering tools:
- paving the way toward manufacturing analytics,
- enriching the manufacturing engineering process with on-line data, and
- simulating and optimizing the production process with the vision to support it in real-time.
The consolidated platform between CloudFlow and cloudSME with extended capabilities to process factory data is going to be accessed through a central interface, enabling the stakeholders to interact, and collaborate.
|Number of participants:||33|
|Total budget - EC contribution:||971298300 Euro - 871252127 Euro|
|Call topic:||ICT Innovation for Manufacturing SMEs (I4MS) (FoF.2017.12)|
|Instrument:||Innovation Action (IA)|
Significant innovations, use case requirements and lessons learned - (2) view
Added value and impact - (11) view
Optimize production processes and producibility using Cloud/HPC-based modelling and simulation, leveraging online factury data and advanced data analytics, thus contributing to the competitiveness and resource efficiency of manufacturing SMEs.
Manufacturing SMEs are empowered to compute and solve problems that cannot be tackled without Cloud and HPC technology, making them more competitive by reducing development times for innovative products with better performance.
More efficient business processes
Increase in Employment
Increase in business practice
Technologies and enablers - (2) view
CloudiFacturing will extend the field of action of the technology developed in CloudFlow and CloudSME from the product development process to the production process, in order to leverage factory data with analytics algorithms and simulation tools
Digitalisation pathways - (No information available)
ICT performance characteristics - (1) view
Standards, standardisation and regulation - (1) view
Business model aspects - (1) view
- Optimizing design and production of electric ...
- Cloud-based modelling for improving resin inf...
- Improving quality control and maintenance at ...
- Numerical modelling and simulation of heat tr...
- Optimizing efficiency of truck components man...
- Simulating and improving food packaging
- Periodic Reporting for period 1 - CloudiFactu...
- Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche ...
- STIFTELSEN SINTEF
- LUNDS UNIVERSITET
- Institute for Advanced Manufacturing - Univer...
- ALMA MATER STUDIORUM-UNIVERSITA DI BOLOGNA
- University of applied sciences and arts of so...
- THE UNIVERSITY OF WESTMINSTER LBG
- SCALETOOLS AG
- CLOUDSIGMA AG
- COMPANY FOR PROVISON OF SERVICES, RESEARCH AN...
- CLESGO UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
- CLOUDSME UG