INEDIT creates an open innovation European DIT ecosystem for sustainable furniture co-creation. It channels the creativity of consumers, shapes it through designers' professional skills, and makes it viable by leveraging on the expertise of production specialists in order to deliver sustainable, smart and personalized new products in a shorter time to market. INEDIT intends to demonstrate the capacity to turn the well-known 'Do It Yourself' (DIY) approach applied by individuals within FabLabs into a professional approach named 'Do It Together' (DIT).
The DIT approach will be applied by customers and professional producers, especially SMEs, for conveying higher customer satisfaction through customer-driven production. DIT is a novel approach capitalizing on the knowledge, creativity and ideas of design and engineering conceptualized by interdisciplinary stakeholders and sometimes even new actors. It is powered by existing European innovation ecosystems shaping new products across EU countries.
INEDIT demonstrates the approach through four cross use cases with high societal impact: sustainable wood panels manufacturing and 3D-printing of wood, 3D printing of recycled plastic and 'smartification'.
Sustainability and consideration of individual preferences, especially of women and men, will be our guiding thread. INEDIT addresses societal challenges such as contribution to reduce the amount of produced CO2 in focusing on European-wide production, creation and maintenance of EU-wide job opportunities. This will lead to new business opportunities supported by business model innovation.
Moreover, these innovative networked local manufacturing competences and production facilities across the EU will solve ethical concerns within the manufacturing network. INEDIT intends to demonstrate, through its twin - digital and physical - platform, the potential innovation around social manufacturing within the circular economy in designing globally while producing locally.
|Total budget - Public funding:||6 887 475,00 Euro - 6 039 000,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||Open Innovation for collaborative production engineering (IA) (DT-FOF-05-2019)|
- | ECOLE NATIONALE SUPERIEURE D'ARTS ET METIERS (ENSAM) (Coördinator)
- | AIMEN
- | CRIT Research Srl
- | CROWD PREDICTION (CROWD)
- | FIR at RWTH Aachen University (Institute for Industrial Management)
- | SCM Group
- | Steinbeis-Europa-Zentrum of Steinbeis Innovation gGmbH
- | Stichting Hanzehogeschool Groningen (HUAS)
- | TRANSITION TECHNOLOGIES PSC SPOLKAZ OGRANICZONA ODPOWIEDZIALNOSCIA (TTPSC)
- | Technology Transfer System Srl - TTS
- | UNINOVA - Instituto para o Desenvolvimento de Novas Tecnologias
- | UNIVERSITE DE LORRAINE (UL)
- | University of applied sciences and arts of southern switzerland (SUPSI)
- | VERAGOUTH SA