The manufacturing paradigm has shifted from an era of mass-production to an era of mass-customisation. Factories have to produce at the same pace differentiated products in order to meet customer expectations. DIMOFAC project aims at enabling European factories to build more responsive production lines.
The DIMOFAC initiative is made up of 4 stages:
- The first stage of the project, involving six manufacturers from various industries (Albea Services, cosmetics packaging; Éirecomposites, Aerospace Components; Philips Consumer Lifestyle, Shavers; VDL Bus Modules, medical beds and telescope parts; Schaltag, interactive displays; Sculpteo, 3D printed parts) and part of the consortium, will aim at demonstrating the efficiency of the DIMOFAC Modular Factory Solution through pilot assembly lines.
- During the second stage, these manufacturers will act as factory “lighthouses” by setting up industrial general-purpose showrooms for companies interested in investing in modular and reconfigurable production lines.
- During the third stage, the consortium will provide modular production benchmarking services to more than a hundred existing companies belonging to the newly formed network of open pilot lines including in particular DIMOFAC partners and companies having expressed interest to offer services within the framework of DIMOFAC.
- Finally, DIMOFAC will extend its modular production benchmarking services to more than a thousand companies throughout Europe that are not part of the aforementioned network.
The initiative should have a major impact on productivity, energy efficiency and costs. It is for instance estimated that the DIMOFAC Modular Factory Solution will enable plants to:
● Reduce by 15% the time it takes to reconfigure their production lines.
● Decrease by 10% the resources (raw materials, energy, fluids, manpower) used for the production process.
● Diminish by 15% the overall cost of production.
|Total budget - Public funding:||19 188 232,00 Euro - 14 163 497,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||Pilot lines for modular factories (IA 50%) (DT-FOF-08-2019)|
Visit Twitter Page
Go to project forum
- | CEA (COMMISSARIAT A L ENERGIE ATOMIQUE ET AUX ENERGIES ALTERNATIVES) (Coördinator)
- | AIMEN
- | ALBEA SERVICES
- | ASOCIACION DE EMPRESAS TECNOLOGICAS INNOVALIA
- | BRAINPORT INDUSTRIES COOPERATIE UA (BPT)
- | CECIMO
- | Centre Technique Industriel de la Plasturgie et des Composites
- | Comau SPA
- | DATAPIXEL SL
- | Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz (DFKI)
- | EIRECOMPOSITES TEORANTA (EC)
- | ELECTRONIC AND OPTO-MECHANIC ENGINEERING EXOM S.L. (EXOM)
- | ESI SOFTWARE GERMANY GMBH
- | FUNDINGBOX RESEARCH APS (FBR)
- | Fill GESELLSCHAFT mbH