The main objective of TRINITY is to create a network of multidisciplinary and synergistic local digital innovation hubs (DIHs) composed of research centers, companies, and university groups that cover a wide range of topics that can contribute to agile production: advanced robotics as the driving force and digital tools, data privacy and cyber security technologies to support the introduction of advanced robotic systems in the production processes.
The result will be a one-stop shop for methods and tools to achieve highly intelligent, agile and reconfigurable production, which will ensure Europe's welfare in the future. The network will start its operation by developing demonstrators in the areas of robotics we identified as the most promising to advance agile production, e.g. collaborative robotics including sensory systems to ensure safety, effective user interfaces based on augmented reality and speech, reconfigurable robot workcells and peripheral equipment (fixtures, jigs, grippers, ...), programming by demonstration, IoT, secure wireless networks, etc.
These demonstrators will serve as reference implementation for two rounds of open calls for application experiments, where companies with agile production needs and sound business plans will be supported by TRINITY DIHs to advance their manufacturing processes. Besides technology-centered services, primarily laboratories with advanced robot technologies and know-how to develop innovative application experiments, TRINITY network of DIHS will also offer training and consulting services, including support for business planning and access to financing. Services of participating DIHs and dissemination of information to wider public will be provided through a digital access point that will be developed in the project.
Another important activity of the project will be the preparation of a business plan to sustain the network after the end of the project funding.
|Total budget - Public funding:||16 335 948,00 Euro - 15 997 267,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||Robotics - Digital Innovation Hubs (DIH) (DT-ICT-02-2018)|
- Brochure - TRINITY network and services to SM...
- TRINITY catalogue of use cases and modules
- TRINITY initial open event
- Co-Creation Workshop review 1
- TRINITY Marketing kit
- | Tampereen Korkeakoulusaatio Sr (TUT) - Tampere University of Applied Sciences (Coördinator)
- | Tampere University of Technology (Coördinator)
- | Budapest University of Technology and Economics
- | CECIMO
- | CENTRIA AMMATTIKORKEAKOULU OY (CENTRIA)
- | ELEKTRONIKAS UN DATORZINATNU INSTITUTS (EDI)
- | F6S NETWORK LIMITED (F6S)
- | FLANDERS MAKE VZW (FM)
- | FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT
- | Fastems Oy Ab (FASTEMS)
- | Institut Jožef Stefan
- | LEUVEN SECURITY EXCELLENCE CONSORTIUM L-SEC VZW
- | LMS - University of Patras
- | LP-MONTAGETECHNIK GMBH
- | TOPPINDUSTRISENTERET AS (DNT)