FASHION-ABLE project aims at providing the European innovative and customization-concerned SMEs with the technological means that will enable the agile and eco-efficient production of personalised products addressing the complex individualised needs of growing market niches out of the scope of mass-produced goods in terms of health and performance.
FASHION-ABLE vision is to provide the innovative European SMEs concerned in customization with the technological means that will enable the conception, co-design and the sustainable manufacture of fully personalised products.
The expected results of the project are:
• a user framework defining and quantifying the relevant user attributes
• new Collaborative Product Customization Services
• new stretch-leather’s lean manufacturing processes and equipment
• new 3D-spacer fabric’s flexible manufacturing process and machinery
• new textile’s finishing operations and equipment; extended manufacturing order management structure and tools
• Life-Cycle Analysis instruments; and interoperable Product Data Management tools.
In particular, FASHION-ABLE action will implement and demonstrate in industrial contexts the new cross-sectoral technologies developed for three highly challenging target groups: fashionable footwear for diabetic feet, fashionable clothing for wheelchair users and high-performing textile compression bandages.
The harmonized combination of developed technologies will have a direct impact on health, comfort, safety and quality of life of the targeted populations: diabetics developing diabetic feet (30 million); physically disabled people requiring a wheelchair (5 million); and sufferers from acute periods of musculoskeletal disorders (40 million) which prevalence increases with age and weight. Furthermore, our cross-sectoral approach will allow extending and up-scaling functional customisation with little effort to future unexpected functionalities as well as to be transferred to other products and high demanding markets.