Design configurator for small craft passenger boat industry
The demonstrateor presented a user-friendly, dynamic, information-rich technical metafile for the vessel that includes all aspects of the vessel including; initial customer specifications, required regulations, shipyard designs, final sea-trial data and post-delivery surveys and inspections of sea-going passenger vessels of legths up tp 30 metres.
- System Dynamics Business Model to analyze business variable interactions and derive business requirements
- Vessel Configurator to derive relevant to business needs, all required Rules and Regulations
- Vesign Support Plugin to quickly estimate key design elements and cost based on specific design materials and equipment
- A common web-based platform to record, distribute information, and support communication among actors that acts as a Life-cycle digital achieve, a “Vessel Meta-file”
Benefits, impact, opportunities
- Offers a systematic process for decision making based on business variables.
- Reduces time to consider the technical and economic feasibility of business ideas. Incorporates on-going changes in Regulations
- Reduces time to technically respond to initial design challenges, design changes or vessel updates.
- Dynamic propagation of updates reduces survey time and cost. Decreases cost of data acquisition required for updates (Easier to evaluate current state and future costs). Added value to “UIW Vessels”
|Demonstration level:||Level 4 - Basic prototype validated in laboratory environment|
- No items published