In the past, customers invested in high cost, long service-life products. Today, they demand complex product-services capable of adapting to new customer goals and rapidly changing markets. The Use-it-wisely project will enable European manufacturers to operate successfully within this new paradigm. The project will investigate a new business model that implements continuous product-service adaptation through a sequence of small innovative steps. It will demonstrate that product-service agility and extended service life realized in this way is more viable than large and infrequent upgrades in terms of cost, duration and environmental impact. Use-it-wisely will develop and demonstrate the adaptation platform consisting of the following three elements: (1) multi-disciplinary actors-product-service system model; (2) adaptation mechanism based on the knowledge and skills of all actors involved with the system; (3) interactive collaborative distributed environment, where the actors work out the adaptation steps. The scientific breakthrough will be achieved by creating and validating a holistic systems engineering structure that combines human-machine systems, product lifecycle management, business and organizational dynamics and lifecycle assessment. The industry-led consortium is founded on complementary clusters in six key industry sectors: energy, machinery, space, office workplace, vehicles, and ship building. Use-it-wisely will enable new business for the manufacturers and their suppliers, subcontractors and open new opportunities for the customers. It will increase their competitive advantage by means of product-service agility, lower costs, shorter lead times, and reduced environmental impact. Finally, it will help to transform people’s knowledge and skills into product-service value thus strengthening Europe’s global competitiveness and securing domestic employment. With Use-it-wisely, the more the product-service is used, the better it gets.
|Number of participants:||20|
|Total budget - Funding:||8 592 106,00 Euro - 6 440 000,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||Innovative design of personalised product-services and of their production processes based on collaborative environments (FoF.NMP.2013-5)|
|Instrument:||Large-scale integrating project|
Added value and impact - (6) close
Technologies and enablers - (7) close
Digitalisation pathways - (7) close
- HOM3R 3D web viewer
- 3D imaging and modelling workflow
- 3D Virtual Manufacturing Design Review
- UIW open access book
- Vessel meta file application
- Design support plug-in for Rhino3D software
- Vessel web configurator
- Circular Economy Design Framework & Checklist
- Circular Life Cycle Analysis tool
- Industrial Guide to Increasing Cognitive Flex...
- Symbol System for Strategic Design
- Chalmers University of Technology
- VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.
- Volvo Group
- TECNATOM S.A.
- Institute for Advanced Manufacturing - Univer...
- INSTITUTE OF COMMUNICATION AND COMPUTER SYSTE...
- TNO - Nederlandse Organisatie voor Toegepast ...
- UNIVERSIDAD DE MALAGA
- METSO MINERALS OY
- RD VELHO OY
- THALES ALENIA SPACE ITALIA SPA
- ADVANCED LOGISTICS TECHNOLOGY ENGINEERING CEN...
- VASTALLA SRL
- M. MOSCHATOS - K. STRATIS OE
- INTERNATIONAL NAVAL SURVEYS BUREAU