Flexible and sustainable office furniture solutions
The market for office interior design and furniture is changing. Lifcycles of office interiors are getting shorter, emphasising the importance of flexible and sustainable solutions. The demonstrator showed tools to support flexible designs and transition to a business model based on circular economy.
- Design Framework for modular, flexible, adaptable products
- Circular Life Cycle Assessment tool
- New business model (products & services) based on circular economy
Benefits, impact, opportunities
- New insights for a strategic change of Gispen business model and potential financial effects of new (CE) business models
- Increase of customer awareness on circular economy and importance of product design
- Increase of market size/amount of customers by modular and flexible products suitable for various customers
- Smaller environmental footprint through extended product life cycle and reuse of material
- Potential reduction of costs for material, transport and energy. Decreasing regular and environmental costs
A Circular Life-Cycle Assesmen tool (C-LCA) that measures the environmental impact of initial production and all adjustments during the lifetime of a piece of furniture.