Reducing maintenance time and costs of powerplant turbines
As part of the evaluation of structural integrity of nuclear power plants' components regular inspections are carried out based on standards and regulations. The demonstration presented a collaborative prototype system that will work as a decision support tool for lifecycle management in power plant steam turbines. The system is based on a shared interactive 3D viewer module, which graphically presents the 3D geometry of the turbine model. The viewer supports 3D navigation, occlusion management and labelling.
Collaborative decision support tool for lifecycle management of power plant turbines
- Webapp for managing inspection results .
- Collaborative 3D environment interaction.
- Data and inspection annotations directly in the 3D model.
- HOM3R open source software
Benefits, Impact opportunities
- Enhanced service delivery for existing and new client
- Technology transferable to new markets: nuclear, chemical, renewable,.
- End-user savings from reduced outage: 350k€ / day!
|Demonstration level:||Level 4 - Basic prototype validated in laboratory environment|
The 3D viewer tool is used to facilitate communication between service personnell and techniacal experts. It also support storing and exchange of service information.
The demoinstrated tool can be used to support education and traing by providing a shared collabortative 3D environment of the target system