PSYMBIOSYS aims at improving the competitiveness of European Manufacturing industries by developing an innovative product-service engineering environment, symbolized by a five-pointed symbiosis star - design-production, product-service, knowledge-sentiment, EDA-SOA, business-innovation and able to dramatically reduce the time-to-market of more attractive and sustainable product-service solutions.
Product-service solutions are not a novelty for manufacturing domain, in particular for Europe. Services are becoming more and more not just an optional adjunct to products, but they are integral part of manufacturing industries' offer, able to differentiate the product value proposition, to take a significant part of the revenue stream and even to substitute the traditional selling of products with more innovative service-oriented business models.
There are still 5 main obstacles which are currently preventing service innovation to be pervasively adopted by all EU manufacturing industries, SMEs included:
- Products and Services: How to preserve the specific characteristics of product and services in a value chain, without creating isolated and not interconnected walled gardens?
- Design and Manufacturing: How to reconcile Real World and Digital World in PLM allowing multi-directional interoperability of the digital images of the same product between design-manufacturing?
- Knowledge and Sentiment: How to consider both professional knowledge and crowd sentiments, trying to mediate extreme product-push and market-pull positions?
- Service-Oriented and Event-Driven: How to create a generic conceptual and implementation framework which could identify and implement the interoperability points between SOA and EDA in PLM value chain systems?
- Business and Innovation: How to reconcile current profitable and competitive product-oriented business models with more intangible, risky, service-oriented and Internet-based businesses?
|Total budget - Public funding:||5 996 304,00 Euro - 5 996 304,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||Innovative product-service design using manufacturing intelligence (FoF.NMPB.2014.5)|
- Big Data Analytics Tools and Platforms First
- PLM-SLM knowledge-process interoperability Fi...
- PLM and SLM in manufacturing value chains Fir...
- Digital World Service Oriented Architecture a...
- Mobile Applications Development Platform Firs...
- PSYMBIOSYS SMEs Engagement Methodology Final
- Big Data Analytics Tools and Platforms Final
- PSYMBIOSYS Dissemination Action Plan Second
- Stream Data Analysis and Processing Platform ...
- SSME in product-oriented value chains Final
- Crowd sourcing and sentiment analysis for pro...
- Integrated and Tested platforms and services ...
- Symbiotic Platform for engineering-manufactur...
- | Politecnico di Milano (Coördinator)
- | AIDIMME - Instituto Tecnológico Metalmecánico, Mueble, Madera, Embalaje y Afines
- | ASOCIACION DE EMPRESAS TECNOLOGICAS INNOVALIA
- | BIBA - BREMER INSTITUT FUER PRODUKTION UND LOGISTIK GMBH
- | FINCONS S.P.A.
- | FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT
- | FTI ENGINEERING NETWORK GMBH
- | IBM ISRAEL - SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY LTD
- | INTEROP-VLab
- | NUEVA HERRAMIENTA DE CORTE/, S.A.
- | National Technical University of Athens
- | TXT E-Solutions SPA