Additive manufacturing (AM) has been highlighted as a key technology with potential for creating sustainable high value European based employment, addressing societal issues and supporting environmental sustainability. It has the potential to revolutionize the way in which products are manufactured and delivered to the customer.
Moreover, AM is already having a high economic impact on several sectors and indeed on wider society. Therefore, it challenges the community to reinvent the business models and explore the implications of AM adoption. All those are heavyweight reasons for Europe to make specific efforts to define a plan of action in the field. In this framework, AM-Motion CSA has the ambition to develop a strategy and set up the pillars for its efficient implementation that, ultimately, will contribute to reinforcing the European AM ecosystem.
The project will accelerate market uptake of AM technologies across Europe by connecting and upscaling existing initiatives and efforts around defined value chains, improving the conditions for large-scale, cross-regional demonstration and market deployment, and by involving a large number of key stakeholders, particularly from industry, as experts. AM-Motion will identify gaps at technical and non-technical levels for business development and propose specific actions and including a timeline to overcome them. More importantly, it will propose and validate models for business collaboration and unlock AM based business and jobs for Europe.
To involve high number of key actors, the project has already achieved the support of several companies, research and education establishments, standardisation bodies, European Technology Platforms, international AM related entities, Regions and Innovation clusters. 52 support letters were received and are included.
|Number of participants:||13|
|Total budget - Public funding:||993 053,00 Euro - 993 053,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||Support for the further development of Additive Manufacturing technologies in Europe (FoF.2016.05)|
|Instrument:||Coordinating and support action|
- Report on employer needs
- Models of business collaboration
- First draft AM roadmap
- Educational implementation model
- Book on AM landscape and recommendations
- Collaboration models -Implementation strategy
- Final AM roadmap
- Report on benchmarking of AM international ac...
- Analysis of synergies and best practices base...
- Models of business collaboration-draft report
- Report on regional clustering
- Regional AM mapping of competence update
- Regulatory, EHS and IPR frameworks report
- Mapping of AM educational initiatives
- Report on European and national initiatives a...
- No published items
- | FUNDACION PRODINTEC (Coördinator)
- | CECIMO
- | Siemens AG
- | TWI Ltd
- | TNO - Nederlandse Organisatie voor Toegepast Natuurwetenschappelijk Onderzoek
- | MATERIALISE NV
- | BRAINPORT DEVELOPMENT NV
- | European Regions Research and Innovation Network
- | European Powder Metallurgy Association
- | AIRBUS OPERATIONS SL
- | IDEA STRATEGISCHE ECONOMISCHE CONSULTING NV