Daedalus is conceived to enable the full exploitation of the CPS (Cyber Physical System) concept of virtualized intelligence, through the adoption of a completely distributed automation platform based on IEC 61499 standard, fostering the creation of a Digital Ecosystem that could go beyond the current limits of manufacturing control systems and propose an ever-growing market of innovative solutions for the design, engineering, production and maintenance of plants’ automation.
Daedalus proposes the deployment of an Automation Ecosystem for a multi-sided market based on a new generation of distributed intelligent devices (CPS) that, existing both in the real and in the cyber (simulated) world, can be aggregated, orchestrated and re-configured to exhibit complex manufacturing behaviours that optimize the performance of future shop floor. The initiative focuses on key topics for the competitiveness of Europe and its companies, encompassing a variety of interdisciplinary tasks with the objective of deploying a digital platform and multi-sided ecosystem for the industrial automation domain.
|Number of participants:||14|
|Total budget - Public funding:||5 079 796,00 Euro - 3 994 296,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||Digital Automation - Novel architectures for factory automation based on CPS and IoT - Collaborative manufacturing and logistics (FoF.2016.11)|
|Instrument:||Collaborative project (generic)|
Daedalus technology (as any other to deploy Industry 4.0-ready automation) absolutely needs a change of perspective and culture in users of such technology (all automation stakeholders)
Daedalus developments are based on the only existing international standard for distributed industrial automation, the IEC-61499. The standard already exists in more than one deployed implementations. During the project an open and international standardization action will be coordinated, leading to the creation of a CWA (CEN/CENELEC Workshop Agreement).
- Daedalus presentation at FoF Community Days 2...
- Next generation of IEC-61499 automation tool-...
- Dissemination plan [M6]
- Complementors Business Plans Canvases [M18]
- Industrial requirements for an effective esta...
- Technical and Economic functional architectur...
- Business model for the multi-sided market of ...
- Project reference framework
- Periodic Reporting for period 1 - Daedalus (D...
- Complementor?s library and Development Kits
- CWA standardization report
- Dissemination plan [M20]
- CEN-CENELEC Workshop Agreement (CWA)
- | Synesis (Coördinator)
- | Technology Transfer System Srl - TTS
- | LULEA TEKNISKA UNIVERSITET
- | NXTCONTROL GmbH
- | ACT OPERATIONS RESEARCH UK LTD
- | SCHUNK GMBH & CO KG SPANN- UND GREIFTECHNIK
- | University of applied sciences and arts of southern switzerland (SUPSI)
- | CONSIGLIO NAZIONALE DELLE RICERCHE
- | HMS TECHNOLOGY CENTER RAVENSBURG GMBH
- | OWL SOLUTIONS SA
- | QBROBOTICS SRL
- | LIBELIUM COMUNICACIONES DISTRIBUIDAS SOCIEDAD LIMITADA
- | JETTER AG
- | BLUEBOTICS SA