Daedalus is conceived to enable the full exploitation of the CPS (Cyber Physical System) concept of virtualized intelligence, through the adoption of a completely distributed automation platform based on IEC 61499 standard, fostering the creation of a Digital Ecosystem that could go beyond the current limits of manufacturing control systems and propose an ever-growing market of innovative solutions for the design, engineering, production and maintenance of plants’ automation.
Daedalus proposes the deployment of an Automation Ecosystem for a multi-sided market based on a new generation of distributed intelligent devices (CPS) that, existing both in the real and in the cyber (simulated) world, can be aggregated, orchestrated and re-configured to exhibit complex manufacturing behaviours that optimize the performance of future shop floor. The initiative focuses on key topics for the competitiveness of Europe and its companies, encompassing a variety of interdisciplinary tasks with the objective of deploying a digital platform and multi-sided ecosystem for the industrial automation domain.
|Number of participants:||14|
|Total budget - EC contribution:||5079796 Euro - 3994296 Euro|
|Call topic:||Digital Automation - Novel architectures for factory automation based on CPS and IoT (FoF.2016.11-ii)|
|Instrument:||Collaborative project (generic)|
Added value and impact - (11) close
Daedalus technology (as any other to deploy Industry 4.0-ready automation) absolutely needs a change of perspective and culture in users of such technology (all automation stakeholders)
Technologies and enablers - (9) close
ICT performance characteristics - (15) close
Standards, standardisation and regulation - (2) close
Daedalus developments are based on the only existing international standard for distributed industrial automation, the IEC-61499. The standard already exists in more than one deployed implementations. During the project an open and international standardization action will be coordinated, leading to the creation of a CWA (CEN/CENELEC Workshop Agreement).
Business model aspects - (3) close
- Next generation of IEC-61499 automation tool-...
- Dissemination plan [M6]
- Complementors? Business Plans Canvases [M18]
- Industrial requirements for an effective esta...
- Technical and Economic functional architectur...
- Business model for the multi-sided market of ...
- Project reference framework
- Periodic Reporting for period 1 - Daedalus (D...
- Technology Transfer System Srl - TTS
- LULEA TEKNISKA UNIVERSITET
- NXTCONTROL GmbH
- ACT OPERATIONS RESEARCH UK LTD
- SCHUNK GMBH & CO KG SPANN- UND GREIFTECHNIK
- University of applied sciences and arts of so...
- CONSIGLIO NAZIONALE DELLE RICERCHE
- HMS TECHNOLOGY CENTER RAVENSBURG GMBH
- OWL SOLUTIONS SA
- QBROBOTICS SRL
- LIBELIUM COMUNICACIONES DISTRIBUIDAS SOCIEDAD...
- JETTER AG
- BLUEBOTICS SA