The primary outcomes of vf-OS are an:
- Open Operating System (vf-OS) and Software Development Kit (OAK) for Factories of the Future that aims to be the reference system software for collaborative manufacturing and logistics processes including its associated resources and data
- Open vf-OS Platform, including a Multi-sided application marketplace and development studio, that aims to become the Apps Store for Manufacturing industry.
The multi-sided marketplace will allow Manufacturing Users, Manufacturing Resource providers, Service Providers and Software Developers to cooperate and demand, build, select, and use vf-OS applications with the vf-OS exploiters, like classical App stores, having a business model based on taking a share of purchases of applications and services from the platform.
vf-OS is composed of a Virtual Factory System Kernel (vf-SK), a Virtual Factory Application Programming Interface (vf-API) and a Virtual Factory Middleware (vf-MW) for interoperable and secure collaboration among supply networks, enterprises, machines, data and objects. The Virtual Factory Platform (vf-P) will be a infrastructure, either in-cloud or on-premise, that supports the Manufacturing Apps Store and Virtual Machines. vf-OS especially addresses SMEs by providing a full functionality at affordable cost and with Cloud availability.
The Manufacturing Apps will be developed with an Open Applications Development Kit (vf-OAK), freely provided to software developers, for rapid and cost effective deployment of advanced industrial applications running over vf-OS, allowing fast time-to-market and world-wide base industrial clients.
|Number of participants:||14|
|Total budget - Public funding:||7 758 580,00 Euro - 7 758 580,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||Digital Automation - Novel architectures for factory automation based on CPS and IoT - Collaborative manufacturing and logistics (FoF.2016.11)|
|Instrument:||Collaborative project (generic)|
vf-OS as an operating system is addressed to be used by humans on stations, work centers and enterprises. Due to its collaborative nature and the app store nature, vf-OS platform will cover human interacting on a connected world of manufacturing and logistic enterprises.
From a technological point of view, Open vf-OS Platform will provide elements covering the connected world, allowing the exchange and collaboration of information between companies on a value stream thanks to the cloud approach to be adopted (vf-Platform). The Open vf-OS covers from the control device level, where information from the systems (IoT, CPS, embedded systems) is gathered, processed and empowered.
vfOS - ID4.4a - Security & Data Access(M18)
- vfOS - ID3.2a - FI-WARE Generic Enablers(M12)
- vfOS - ID1.4b - Existing SOTA Analysis(M18)
- vfOS - ID5.4a - Data Analytics(M18)
- vfOS - ID3.5b - vf-OS Process Enabler(M18)
- vfOS - ID3.1 - vf-OS Kernel and FI-WARE Frame...
- vfOS - ID5.3a - Data Harmonisation(M18)
- vfOS - ID3.2b - FI-WARE Generic Enablers(M18)
- vfOS - ID3.5a - vf-OS Process Enabler(M12)
- vfOS - ID3.4a - vf-OS Enablers(M12)
- vfOS - ID3.3a - FI-WARE Manufacturing Enabler...
- vfOS - ID3.3b - FI-WARE Manufacturing Enabler...
- vfOS - ID5.1a - Data Infrastructure Middlewar...
- vfOS - ID1.2 - Users scenarios characterisati...
- No published items
- | INFORMATION CATALYST FOR ENTERPRISE LTD (Coördinator)
- | Ascora GmbH
- | Ikerlan
- | UNINOVA - Instituto para o Desenvolvimento de Novas Tecnologias
- | ALMENDE B.V.
- | UNIVERSITE LUMIERE LYON 2
- | MONDRAGON ASSEMBLY SOCIEDAD COOPERATIVA
- | CAIXA MAGICA SOFTWARE LDA
- | VIA SOLIS UAB
- | CONSULGAL - CONSULTORES DE ENGENHARIA E GESTAO SA
- | ETABLISSEMENTS TARDY
- | APPLICATIONS PLASTIQUES DU RHONE SAS
- | KNOWLEDGEBIZ CONSULTING-SOCIEDADE DE CONSULTORIA EM GESTAO LDA