Better Factory will provide methodology for Manufacturing SMEs to collaborate with Artists to develop new and personalized products. At the same time Better Factory will provide technology for SMEs to become fully connected cyber-physical-systems, transforming them into Lean-Agile production facilities capable of manufacturing new and personalized products alongside existing products.
- An Advance Production Planning and Scheduling (APPS) system which can be deployed on a free and open IoT platform at 10% of the cost in 50% less time. APPS will automatically reconfigure the collaborative robots considering the individuality and gender of worker, and will also reduce 10% assets, 25% area, 30% resources, 35% logistics, 40% machines and tools and workplaces, resulting in 13% cost reduction, 15% production increase and 30% time to market.
- A Marketplace, a one-stop-shop, where Manufacturing SMEs can buy services from Technology suppliers, Artists, CCs, training providers and financial brokers.
- A portfolio of 16 cross-border Application Experiments by 48 SMEs selected through 2 competitive Open Calls, that will test APPS, SME\Artis collaboration and other services, and leveraging 11MEuro of public and private funding becoming success stories.
- Services, including Technical, Business and Art mentors, infrastructure, training and access to finance.
Better Factory network consists of 28 members. 18 DIHs (10 CCs, 8 industry associations), 6 Technology suppliers and 4 service providers for marketing, access to finance, FSTP management and legal framework. Partners are currently engaged in I4MS-Go, DIH², HORSE, L4MS, MIDIH, AMABLE, BOWI, SHOP4CF. Better Factory covers 16 EU countries, 17 regions with 10 of them from EU-13.
Better Factory will demonstrate that public funded research can help manufacturing SMEs & Mid-Caps achieve digital excellence and global competitiveness through Lean-Agile production for the manufacturing of new and personalized products.
|Total budget - Public funding:||8 575 676,00 Euro - 8 000 000,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||I4MS (phase 4) - uptake of digital game changers (DT-ICT-03-2020)|
- No published items
- No published items
- | VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd. (Coördinator)
- | AIMEN
- | ASOCIATIA CLUSTER MOBILIER TRANSILVAN
- | BYDGOSZCZ INDUSTRIAL CLUSTER
- | CLUTEX - KLASTR TECHNICKE TEXTILIE (CLUTEX)
- | EUROPEAN DYNAMICS ADVANCED SYSTEMS OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS INFORMATICS AND TELEMATICS SA
- | FOUNDATION CLUSTER INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES (ICT CLUSTER)
- | FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT
- | FUNDACIO BARCELONA MOBILE WORLD CAPITAL FOUNDATION
- | FundingBox Accelerator Sp. z.o.o.
- | GESTALT ROBOTICS GMBH
- | GLUON (Gluon)
- | HOLONIX SRL
- | Hermia Business Development Ltd
- | IN4ART BV (IN4ART)