In the manufacturing industry, the machining of medium and big size parts with the required and suitable precision is a challenge, especially in high added value products manufactured in small or single-unit batches made of high performance materials like in aeronautic, space or energy sectors, where conventional process engineering and test/error methods are not completely efficient. INTEFIX aims to increase the performance of the machining processes by the use of intelligent fixture systems, allowing the monitoring, control and adaptation of the process to obtain suitable results according to precision, quality and cost requirements. The main outcome of INTEFIX project will be the integration of new and state of the art technologies (sensors, actuators, control algorithms, simulation tools...) applied to the workpiece handling systems to develop intelligent and modular fixtures capable of modify the behaviour and interactions between the process and systems in machining operations; reducing time and costs with improved performance and capabilities. The proposed intelligent-modular fixture is a step forward to the smart manufacturing, providing new features of automation, flexibility, versatility, cost-efficiency and accuracy to the current, state of the art, manufacturing systems and equipment. The intelligent fixture will provide sensors and active drives to obtain a suitable fix of the component modifying the force and position of active locators and clamps, in order to select the suitable static and dynamic behaviour of the machine-fixture system for improving the process (setup, deformations, vibrations...). This implies a fast-reliable connection and data transfer between the different ICT systems (CNC, PLC, sensors, actuators, CAD-CAM...) using ad-hoc methodologies and software. Furthermore, the use of modular elements eases disassembling and reuse of the advanced components improving the flexibility and sustainability of the manufacturing process.
|Total budget - Public funding:||10 253 510,00 Euro - 7 499 998,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||Equipment assessment for sensor and laser based applications (I4MS) (FoF.ICT.2013.7.2)|
- Integrable Piezo based sensors
- Fixtures with active damping capability ...
- Gain of productivity for turning high complex...
- Fixtures for turning with vibration reduction...
- Control algorithm for minimisation of distort...
- Distortion free parts
- Smart fixture for distortion free machining ...
- Control system for the smart clamping devices...
- Distortion free fixture for aluminium structu...
- Geometry alignment system with optimisation o...
- Contactless position calculation and verifica...
- Fixture with shortened workpiece setup time ...
- Fixture with deformation reduction capability...
- High quality machined workpieces
- No published items
- | IK4-Tekniker (Coördinator)
- | ADAPTRONICS INTERNATIONAL GMBH
- | ALAVA INGENIEROS SA
- | BCT STEUERUNGS UND DV-SYSTEME GMBH
- | Bereiker
- | CECIMO
- | CESKE VYSOKE UCENI TECHNICKE V PRAZE
- | COMPO TECH PLUS SPOL SRO
- | Cedrat Technologies SA
- | DEHARDE MASCHINENBAU HELMUT HOFFMAN GMBH
- | DR MATZAT & CO GMBH SPANN UND FERTIGUNGSTECHNIK
- | Fundacion Tecnalia Research Corporation
- | GAMESA ENERGY TRANSMISSION SA
- | GIRARDINI S.r.l.
- | GOIMEK S COOP