Higher agility for the European Manufacturing Industry is the main MOTIVATION for the openMOS project. While automated systems are appealing to achieve high productivity and quality requirements, their sensitivity to change is becoming increasingly a bottleneck to substantial reduction of lot sizes and more frequent change-overs.
The project VISION is to enable full economic sustainability of the production systems based on intelligent modular plug-and-produce equipment.
To achieve this, it is focusing on three main innovation strands:
- embedding plug-and-produce capabilities into automation devices, robots and machines,
- enabling vertical and horizontal connectivity between plug-and-produce automation components and higher level control and business functions, and
- creating a easily extendable and adaptable manufacturing operating system (MOS) that permits the easy introduction of new products, work orders and changes in the equipment and allows easy deployment of optimisation and changeover management strategies.
The targeted INNOVATION is a common, openly accessible plug-and-produce system platform which allows all stakeholders in the automation system value chain to come together and jointly develop and exploit solutions. Therefore, the project is proposing to integrate well established plug-and-produce system concepts from many years of research in this field, into industrial-relevant technology platforms which have emerged in recent years.
As the vast majority of components/ devices/ machine manufacturers and system integrators are SMEs, plug-and-produce can only be achieved by placing specific SME requirements at the forefront: solutions by, and for, SMEs.
The RTD approach will be driven by proposed industrial scenarios and pilot implementations which will be carried out to systematically test and validate the readiness of the targeted exploitable results in three key industrial sectors (white goods, automotive and electronics).
|Total budget - Public funding:||8 684 367,00 Euro - 6 368 791,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||Flexible production systems based on integrated tools for rapid reconfiguration of machinery and robots (FoF.NMPB.2015.11)|
- White Paper ? openMOS Development Platform fo...
- Finally public test and validation report for...
- TRL6 Verification of large simulated system
- Open Innovation Plug&Produce Component Busine...
- Embedded Skill Executor and self-adaptation c...
- Performance Metrics and Monitoring Framework ...
- Open plug&produce device adaptor prototype
- Common Semantic Model
- Specification of large simulation demonstrato...
- Open System Platform
- Open Plug and Produce Architecture Specificat...
- Assessment of current service bus technologie...
- Detailed Review and Evaluation of Relevant St...
- Public Website
- | Introsys - Integrators for Robotics Systems - Integração de Sistemas Robóticos, S.A. (Coördinator)
- | AFAG AUTOMATION AG
- | ASYS AUTOMATISIERUNGSSYSTEME GMBH
- | CENTRE FOR ENGINEERING AND MANUFACTURING EXCELLENCE LTD LBG
- | ELECTROLUX ITALIA S.P.A.
- | Elrest Automationssysteme GmbH
- | FORD MOTOR COMPANY LIMITED
- | FORTISS GMBH
- | INOTEC LTD
- | KTH (Royal Institute of Technology)
- | LINKOPINGS UNIVERSITET
- | Loughborough University
- | MASMEC SPA
- | SENSEAIR AB
- | UNINOVA - Instituto para o Desenvolvimento de Novas Tecnologias