Advances in optoelectronics technologies is causing a revolution in consumer electronic goods, solar energy, communications, LED, industrial laser, and other fields. At present, the optoelectrical manufacturing is facing significant challenges in dealing with the evolution of the equipment, instrumentation and manufacturing processes they support. The industry is striving for higher customisation and individualisation, implying that systems configurations need to change more frequently and dynamically.
IQONIC will offer a scalable zero defect manufacturing platform covering the overall process chain of optoelectrical parts. IQONIC covers the design of new optoelectrical components and their optimised process chain, their assembly process, as well as their disassembly and reintroduction into the value chain. IQONIC will therefore comprise new hardware and software components interfaced with the current facilities through internet of things and data-management platforms, while being orchestrated through eight (8) scalable strategies at component, work-station and shopfloor level. The IQONIC technologies will be demonstrated in 4 demo sites covering a wide range of products and processes.
The impact of IQONIC to the European optoelectronics manufacturing industry, but also the society itself, can be summarised in the following (with a horizon of 4 years after project ends):
- increase of the in-service efficiency by 22%,
- (increased flexibility with 16% faster reconfiguration times,
- (10% reduction in production costs through recycled components and materials,
- improved designs for assembly and disassembly and,
- about 400 new jobs created and
- over 39 MEUR ROI for the consortium.
To do that we have brought together a total of seventeen (17) EU-based partners, representing both industry and academia, having ample experience in cutting-edge technologies and active presence in the EU photonics and manufacturing.
|Total budget - Funding:||7 997 968,00 Euro - 7 997 968,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||Innovative manufacturing of opto-electrical parts (RIA) (DT-FOF-03-2018)|
- No published items
- No published items
- ATLANTIS Engineering S.A.
- BRUNEL UNIVERSITY
- CORE INNOVATION AND TECHNOLOGY OE
- Politecnico di Milano
- THE SHADOW ROBOT COMPANY LIMITED
- HOLONIX SRL
- SENSAP SWISS AG (SENSAP)
- FYZIKALNI USTAV AV CR V.V.I
- PRIMA ELECTRO SPA
- ALPES LASERS SA (ALPES)
- FOUNDATION FOR RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY HELLAS
- FILAR-OPTOMATERIALS SRL (FILAR)
- SACMI COOPERATIVA MECCANICI IMOLA SOCIETA COO...
- CRIT Research Srl