The European Factory Platform project (EFPF) realises a federated smart factory ecosystem by primarily interlinking 4 smart factory platforms, from the FoF-11-2016 cluster, through an open and interoperable Data Spine.
The federation of the 4 base platforms is complemented by industrial platforms, collaboration tools and smart factory systems, specifically selected to support connected factories in lot-size-one manufacturing. The federated EFPF platform delivers enhances value and reduces the barrier to innovation by providing seamless access to services and solutions that are currently dispersed.
In parallel the platform provides the necessary infrastructure, tools and support for novel service creation and validations by third parties. Further, by fostering healthy competition in the smart factory ecosystem, the EFPF platform will ensure that the needs of the evolving smart manufacturing industry are met for the long term.
The EFPF federation is offered to the manufacturing and logistic companies as an open platform; to utilise the offered functionality, experiment with innovation approaches and develop custom solutions based on specific needs. The project demonstrates the power of federation through 3 embedded large scale pilots focusing on lot-size-one manufacturing and sustainable value networks in diverse sectors, while a cross sectorial circular economy pilot is also incorporated.
The results of the pilots are openly made available as lessons learned and best practices. The creation of the European smart factory ecosystem is supported by offering interested companies technical and financial support. A dedicated budget is allocated to offer financial support to companies who are interested in using the eFactory platform to enhance their businesses.
The project is primarily composed of SMEs who have the agility to quickly react and adopt innovative solutions, while experience and market reach of big players such as Airbus and Siemens is also leveraged.
|Total budget - Public funding:||13 640 264,00 Euro - 13 640 264,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||Digital Manufacturing Platforms for Connected Smart Factories_1 (DT-ICT-07-2018)|
This is a set of Specific Objectives and Research & Innovation Objectives that is subject to a consultation in preparation of the Made In Europe Partnership. For more guidance about the consultation, please see www.effra.eu/made-in-europe-state-play.
Visit Twitter Page
Go to project forum
- Standards as trusted glue to federate digital...
- eFactory Portal
- eFactory - EU-GID=D06 - eFactory-ID=D2.2 - Pl...
- eFactory - EU-GID=D81 - eFactory-ID=D11.10 - ...
- eFactory - EU-GID=D82 - eFactory-ID=D11.11 - ...
- eFactory - EU-GID=D07 - eFactory-ID=D2.3 - Re...
- eFactory - EU-GID=D11 - eFactory-ID=D3.1 - eF...
- eFactory - EU-GID=D05 - eFactory-ID=D2.1 - Pr...
- No published items
- | AIDIMME - Instituto Tecnológico Metalmecánico, Mueble, Madera, Embalaje y Afines (Coördinator)
- | 3D ICOM GMBH & CO KG (3DI)
- | ALMENDE B.V.
- | AM ALLIED MAINTENANCE GMBH (AAM)
- | AUSTRIAN STANDARDS INSTITUTE OSTERREICHISCHES NORMUNGSINSTITUT (ASI)
- | Airbus Defence & Space GmbH
- | Airbus Operations GmbH
- | Ascora GmbH
- | BRIMATECH SERVICES GMBH (BRM)
- | CAIXA MAGICA SOFTWARE LDA
- | CENTRE FOR RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY HELLAS CERTH
- | CNET SVENSKA AB
- | Control 2K Limited
- | ELANYO GMBH (ELN)
- | ELLINIKI DIAHEIRISI APPRIMATON ANONYMI ETAIRIA - ELDIA