BEinCPPS Innovation Action aims to integrate and experiment a CPS-oriented Future Internet-based machine-factory-cloud service platform firstly intensively in five selected Smart Specialization Strategy Vanguard regions (Lombardia in Italy, Euskadi in Spain, Baden Wuertemberg in Germany, Norte in Portugal, Rhone Alpes in France), afterwards extensively in all European regions, by involving local competence centers and manufacturing SMEs.
The final aim of this Innovation Action is to dramatically improve the adoption of CPPSs all over Europe by means of the creation, nurturing and flourishing of CPS-driven regional innovation ecosystems, made of competence centers, manufacturing enterprises and IT SMEs. The BE in CPPS project stems upon three distinct pillars:
- A FI-based three-layered (machine-factory-cloud) open source platforms federation, integrated from state-of-the-art R&I advances in the fields of Internet of Things, Future Internet and CPS / Smart Systems and able to bi-directionally interoperate data pertaining to the machine, the factory and the cloud levels.
- A pan-European SME-oriented experimentation ecosystem. In a first phase of the project, the five Champions will provide requirements to the platforms integrators. In a second phase, an Open Call for IT SMEs developers (applications experiments) will award 10 third parties. In a final third phase, the extended platform will be instantiated and deployed in additional 10 third parties equipment experiment SMEs.
- A well-founded method and toolbox for Innovation management, where an existing TRL-based methodology for KETs technology transfer will be enriched by a CPPS certification, education and training programme for young talents and experienced blue collar workers and by a well-founded three-fold (objectives-variables-indicators) method for results assessment and evaluation.
|Total budget - Public funding:||9 517 643,00 Euro - 7 999 486,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||ICT Innovation for Manufacturing SMEs (I4MS) - Innovation (FoF.ICT.2015.09.a_Innovation)|
- Production operators: real-time data and alerts, both at the work cell level, enterprise and cloud
- Production managers and moldmakers: historical data analysis
Lombardy Champion - Zero-Hours QualityComment:
The Rule Editor and the Test Front-End are Android apps allowing factory users to interact with the ZHQ system
Rhône-Alpes Champion: The Smart MoldComment:
The smart mold provides Human Machine Interaction at several levels:
Lombardy Champion - Zero-Hours QualityComment: Field level: Controller/Actuator (HW), TestExecutor (SW) Factory level: FIWARE IDAS Gateway for CPPS
Rhône-Alpes Champion: The Smart MoldComment: The data acquisition is performed by the monitoring core, performed in C. The BBB + Mikrobus + Thermoclicks provide access to the data gathered by the sensors. Sensors: -Temperature: MIKROELEKTRONIKA Thermocouple Type-K Glass Braid Insulated -Pressure: KISTLER 6190C
Lombardy Champion - Zero-Hours QualityComment: On the Field level is deployed Whirlpool-specific hardware (Controller and Actuator boards) and software (the Test Executor) that are directly connected to the Product under test.
Rhône-Alpes Champion: The Smart MoldComment: The experiment involves the "CPS-ization" of a mechanical piece of equipment used in the plastic injection process: the mold. It will be enabled with sensors to capture the physical properties relevant during the injection process, mainly temperature and pressure. In certain variations of the smart mold, it will also drive electrical actuators to perform in-mold mechanical movements, such as piece ejection or product version-switching. Sensors: -Temperature: MIKROELEKTRONIKA Thermocouple Type-K Glass Braid Insulated -Pressure: KISTLER 6190C Actuators: -Stepper motor: SM2863-5155
Lombardy Champion - Zero-Hours QualityComment: Online results of Product testing are also used for the early detection of problems in the manufacturing plant.
Rhône-Alpes Champion: The Smart MoldComment: The mold is mounted on top of an press machine, which performs the actual raw material conversion and performs the actual injection process. The smart mold communicates with the press to raise pre-configured alerts when the sensors detect abnormal situations, as well as to guide mechanical movements.
Lombardy Champion - Zero-Hours QualityComment: Offline analysis of historical Product testing results can be used to identify inefficiencies of production processes across the Enterprise.
Rhône-Alpes Champion: The Smart MoldComment: The Smart Mold, as a true cyber-physical system, publishes data through a cloud infrastructure. In this cloud space, different applications are made available: -Visualization dashboards through widgets, to allow real-time visualization of production data -Data persistence: Store the physical data acquired by the sensors to enable historical analysis -Integration with information systems (ERP/MES): To trigger mainteinance operations for the mold when these are required
Main endorsed standards: OPC UA (factory automation), IEC-61499 (real-time automation), AMQP (messaging), NGSI (publish/subscribe)
Lombardy Champion - Zero-Hours QualityComment: All BEinCPPS components used in the Whirlpool demonstrator are open source software. Site-specific hardware components have been developed and are owned by Whirlpool. Solution-specific software components are proprietary software co-owned by the BEinCPPS partners involved in the demonstrator. All models and data is owned exclusively by Whirlpool.
- CPPS Open Platform
- D2.5b Integrated BEinCPPS platform federation
- D2.3a FI Platform Federation
- D2.2b IoT Platform Federation
- D3.2b Digital World BEinCPPS components
- D3.1a Real World BEinCPPS components
- D2.1b BEinCPPS Architecture Business Process
- D3.2a Digital World BEinCPPS components
- D2.4a SSystems Platform Federation
- D1.5b Open Call Package
- D2.2a IoT Platform Federation
- D2.5a Integrated BEinCPPS platform federation
- D3.1b Real World BEinCPPS components
- D1.5a Open Call Package
- D2.1a BEinCPPS Architecture Business Process
- | Politecnico di Milano (Coördinator)
- | ASOCIACION DE EMPRESAS TECNOLOGICAS INNOVALIA
- | ASSOCIAZIONE FABBRICA INTELLIGENTE LOMBARDIA
- | CENTRO TECNOLOGICO DE CALCADO DE PORTUGAL
- | COMPANY FOR PROVISON OF SERVICES, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT NISSATECH INNOVATION CENTRE DOO
- | Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz (DFKI)
- | ETABLISSEMENTS GEORGES PERNOUD
- | Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A.
- | FINCONS GROUP AG
- | FORTISS GMBH
- | FORTUNATO O. FREDERICO & CA., LDA.
- | FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT
- | Fraunhofer IPA
- | HOLONIX SRL
- | HOP UBIQUITOUS SL