BEinCPPS Innovation Action aims to integrate and experiment a CPS-oriented Future Internet-based machine-factory-cloud service platform firstly intensively in five selected Smart Specialization Strategy Vanguard regions (Lombardia in Italy, Euskadi in Spain, Baden Wuertemberg in Germany, Norte in Portugal, Rhone Alpes in France), afterwards extensively in all European regions, by involving local competence centers and manufacturing SMEs.
The final aim of this Innovation Action is to dramatically improve the adoption of CPPSs all over Europe by means of the creation, nurturing and flourishing of CPS-driven regional innovation ecosystems, made of competence centers, manufacturing enterprises and IT SMEs. The BE in CPPS project stems upon three distinct pillars:
- A FI-based three-layered (machine-factory-cloud) open source platforms federation, integrated from state-of-the-art R&I advances in the fields of Internet of Things, Future Internet and CPS / Smart Systems and able to bi-directionally interoperate data pertaining to the machine, the factory and the cloud levels.
- A pan-European SME-oriented experimentation ecosystem. In a first phase of the project, the five Champions will provide requirements to the platforms integrators. In a second phase, an Open Call for IT SMEs developers (applications experiments) will award 10 third parties. In a final third phase, the extended platform will be instantiated and deployed in additional 10 third parties equipment experiment SMEs.
- A well-founded method and toolbox for Innovation management, where an existing TRL-based methodology for KETs technology transfer will be enriched by a CPPS certification, education and training programme for young talents and experienced blue collar workers and by a well-founded three-fold (objectives-variables-indicators) method for results assessment and evaluation.
|Number of participants:||23|
|Total budget - EC contribution:||9517643 Euro - 7999486 Euro|
|Call topic:||ICT Innovation for Manufacturing SMEs (I4MS) - Innovation (FoF.ICT.2015.09.a_Innovation)|
|Instrument:||Validation experiments - equipment assessments (I4MS)|
Added value and impact - (2) view
Technologies and enablers - (2) view
Digitalisation pathways - (No information available)
Use Case Requirements and Lessons Learned - (No information available)
ICT performance characteristics - (4) view
Standards, standardisation and regulation - (3) view
Main endorsed standards: OPC UA (factory automation), IEC-61499 (real-time automation), AMQP (messaging), NGSI (publish/subscribe)
Business model aspects - (1) view
Diverse - (No information available)
- INESC Porto
- Fraunhofer IPA
- Politecnico di Milano
- Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche ...
- Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A.
- HOLONIX SRL
- ASOCIACION DE EMPRESAS TECNOLOGICAS INNOVALIA
- Innovalia Association
- TRIMEK SA
- TTTECH COMPUTERTECHNIK AG
- INSTITUTO TECNOLOGICO DE INFORMATICA
- Whirlpool Europe srl
- FRAUNHOFER-GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FOERDERUNG DER AN...
- COMPANY FOR PROVISON OF SERVICES, RESEARCH AN...
- ETABLISSEMENTS GEORGES PERNOUD
- FINCONS GROUP AG
- HOP UBIQUITOUS SL
- FORTISS GMBH
- JOHN DEERE GMBH & CO. KG*JD
- ASSOCIAZIONE FABBRICA INTELLIGENTE LOMBARDIA
- MAIER TECHNOLOGY CENTRE S COOP
- FORTUNATO O. FREDERICO & CA., LDA.
- CENTRO TECNOLOGICO DE CALCADO DE PORTUGAL