BEinCPPS Innovation Action aims to integrate and experiment a CPS-oriented Future Internet-based machine-factory-cloud service platform firstly intensively in five selected Smart Specialization Strategy Vanguard regions (Lombardia in Italy, Euskadi in Spain, Baden Wuertemberg in Germany, Norte in Portugal, Rhone Alpes in France), afterwards extensively in all European regions, by involving local competence centers and manufacturing SMEs.
The final aim of this Innovation Action is to dramatically improve the adoption of CPPSs all over Europe by means of the creation, nurturing and flourishing of CPS-driven regional innovation ecosystems, made of competence centers, manufacturing enterprises and IT SMEs. The BE in CPPS project stems upon three distinct pillars:
- A FI-based three-layered (machine-factory-cloud) open source platforms federation, integrated from state-of-the-art R&I advances in the fields of Internet of Things, Future Internet and CPS / Smart Systems and able to bi-directionally interoperate data pertaining to the machine, the factory and the cloud levels.
- A pan-European SME-oriented experimentation ecosystem. In a first phase of the project, the five Champions will provide requirements to the platforms integrators. In a second phase, an Open Call for IT SMEs developers (applications experiments) will award 10 third parties. In a final third phase, the extended platform will be instantiated and deployed in additional 10 third parties equipment experiment SMEs.
- A well-founded method and toolbox for Innovation management, where an existing TRL-based methodology for KETs technology transfer will be enriched by a CPPS certification, education and training programme for young talents and experienced blue collar workers and by a well-founded three-fold (objectives-variables-indicators) method for results assessment and evaluation.
|Number of participants:||23|
|Total budget - Public funding:||9 517 643,00 Euro - 7 999 486,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||ICT Innovation for Manufacturing SMEs (I4MS) - Innovation (FoF.ICT.2015.09.a_Innovation)|
|Instrument:||Validation experiments - equipment assessments (I4MS)|
Lombardy Champion - Zero-Hours QualityComment: The main purpose of the system is to assess the average quality of the delivered product and to verify the correctness of the production process.
Rhône-Alpes Champion: The Smart MoldComment: The smart mold helps to improve the follow up of the production (QA). The plant operator will able to react more quickly to production deviations, therefore reducing strongly the scrap rates.
- Production operators: real-time data and alerts, both at the work cell level, enterprise and cloud
- Production managers and moldmakers: historical data analysis
Lombardy Champion - Zero-Hours QualityComment:
The Rule Editor and the Test Front-End are Android apps allowing factory users to interact with the ZHQ system
Rhône-Alpes Champion: The Smart MoldComment:
The smart mold provides Human Machine Interaction at several levels:
Lombardy Champion - Zero-Hours QualityComment: Field level: Controller/Actuator (HW), TestExecutor (SW) Factory level: FIWARE IDAS Gateway for CPPS
Rhône-Alpes Champion: The Smart MoldComment: The data acquisition is performed by the monitoring core, performed in C. The BBB + Mikrobus + Thermoclicks provide access to the data gathered by the sensors. Sensors: -Temperature: MIKROELEKTRONIKA Thermocouple Type-K Glass Braid Insulated -Pressure: KISTLER 6190C
Main endorsed standards: OPC UA (factory automation), IEC-61499 (real-time automation), AMQP (messaging), NGSI (publish/subscribe)
Rhône-Alpes Champion: The Smart MoldComment: OPC-UA, NGSI, RAMI 4.0, EUROMAP Engineering: SysML, BPMN
Lombardy Champion - Zero-Hours QualityComment: All BEinCPPS components used in the Whirlpool demonstrator are open source software. Site-specific hardware components have been developed and are owned by Whirlpool. Solution-specific software components are proprietary software co-owned by the BEinCPPS partners involved in the demonstrator. All models and data is owned exclusively by Whirlpool.
- CPPS Open Platform
- D2.5b Integrated BEinCPPS platform federation
- D2.3a FI Platform Federation
- D2.2b IoT Platform Federation
- D3.2b Digital World BEinCPPS components
- D3.1a Real World BEinCPPS components
- D2.1b BEinCPPS Architecture Business Process
- D3.2a Digital World BEinCPPS components
- D2.4a SSystems Platform Federation
- D1.5b Open Call Package
- D2.2a IoT Platform Federation
- D2.5a Integrated BEinCPPS platform federation
- D3.1b Real World BEinCPPS components
- D1.5a Open Call Package
- D2.1a BEinCPPS Architecture Business Process
- | Politecnico di Milano (Coördinator)
- | INESC Porto
- | Fraunhofer IPA
- | Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz (DFKI)
- | Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A.
- | HOLONIX SRL
- | ASOCIACION DE EMPRESAS TECNOLOGICAS INNOVALIA
- | Innovalia Association
- | TRIMEK SA
- | TTTECH COMPUTERTECHNIK AG
- | INSTITUTO TECNOLOGICO DE INFORMATICA
- | Whirlpool Europe srl
- | FRAUNHOFER-GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FOERDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG E.V
- | MAIER
- | COMPANY FOR PROVISON OF SERVICES, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT NISSATECH INNOVATION CENTRE DOO