Fortissimo 2 will drive the uptake of advanced modelling, simulation and data analytics by European engineering and manufacturing SMEs and mid-caps. Such an uptake will deliver improved design processes, better products and services, and improved competitiveness. For the European Union as a whole this means improved employment opportunities and economic growth. The importance of advanced ICT to the competitiveness of both large and small companies in the engineering and manufacturing domain is well established. Despite early successes in this area, there are still many barriers to the uptake of such solutions, not least of which are the initial cost and complexity of adoption, particularly in the context of challenging trading conditions. This proposal targets the ICT Innovation for Manufacturing SMEs (I4MS) action line (Phase 2) and builds on Phase 1 of that initiative. Phase 2 addresses the adoption of next generation ICT advances in the manufacturing domain. At the core of Fortissimo 2 are three tranches of Application Experiments (~35 in total). An initial set is included in this proposal and two further sets will be obtained through Open Calls for proposals. These experiments will be driven by the requirements of first-time users (predominately SMEs) and will bring together actors from across the value chain, from cycle providers to domain experts via the Fortissimo Marketplace. This will enable innovative solutions to manufacturing challenges, leading to new and improved design processes, products and services. A key feature of Fortissimo 2 will be the adaption of the Marketplace to meet the needs of end-users. It will offer a responsive and reliable service to companies which want to access HPC and Big resources and expertise. Fortissimo 2 initially involves 732 months of effort, a total cost of €11.1m and EC funding of €10m over a duration of three years, commensurate with achieving its ambitious goals.
|Number of participants:||38|
|Total budget - EC contribution:||10000000 Euro - 9999776 Euro|
|Call topic:||ICT Innovation for Manufacturing SMEs (I4MS) - Innovation (FoF.ICT.2015.09.a_Innovation)|
|Instrument:||Validation experiments - equipment assessments (I4MS)|
Added value and impact - (No information available)
Technologies and enablers - (No information available)
Digitalisation pathways - (No information available)
Use Case Requirements and Lessons Learned - (No information available)
ICT performance characteristics - (No information available)
Standards, standardisation and regulation - (No information available)
Business model aspects - (No information available)
Diverse - (No information available)
- Cloud-based simulation for vehicle engineerin...
- Optimising gas and flame detector layouts in ...
- Advanced, cloud-based HPC simulation in the f...
- HPC-based design of non-circular gears
- HPC based high-resolution modelling of magnet...
- Cloud-based-HPC optimisation of manufacturing...
- Cloud-based HPC processing for knowledge gene...
- Cloud-based simulation of box framed timber b...
- Near Real-time Analysis of Airframe Certifica...
- Noesis Solutions
- TRIMEK SA
- THE UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURGH
- UNIVERSITAET STUTTGART
- PROSERVICE SRL
- STAM SRL
- EMO-ORODJARNA DOO
- ARCTUR RACUNALNISKI INZENIRING DOO
- ICON TECHNOLOGY & PROCESS CONSULTING LIMITED
- KOENIGSEGG AUTOMOTIVE AB
- GRIDCORE AB
- FUNDACION CENTRO TECNOLOGICO DE SUPERCOMPUTAC...
- SURFSARA BV
- CONSORZIO INTERUNIVERSITARIO CINECA
- XLAB RAZVOJ PROGRAMSKE OPREME IN SVETOVANJE D...
- Bull SAS
- SCAPOS AG
- KE-WORKS BV
- PRINCIPIA SAS
- Atos Spain SA
- HYPERTEC SOLUTION SRL
- ALSTOM FERROVIARIA SPA
- FUNDACION CENTRO DE TECNOLOGIAS DE INTERACCIO...
- ETXE-TAR, S.A.
- ENGINE POWER COMPONENTS GROUP EUROPE SL
- TEXA SPA
- T2I - TRASFERIMENTO TECNOLOGICO E INNOVAZIONE...
- CFD SCHUCK INGENIEURGESELLSCHAFT MBH
- NAWIJN MARCO
- MADERAS BESTEIRO SL
- UNIVERSIDAD DE SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA
- MAGNETI LJUBLJANA PODJETJE ZA PROIZVODNJO MAG...
- INTEL DEUTSCHLAND GMBH
- SICOS BW GMBH
- MICROPACK (ENGINEERING) LTD
- GEXCON AS