L4MS (Logistics For Manufacturing SMEs) will spark incremental (productivity increase of new users by a factor of 4 and system setup time reduction by a factor of 10) and disruptive innovation (batch size one & consumerization) for over 100,000 European Manufacturing SMEs & Mid-Caps, building on their intra-factory logistics challenge (50% of the production cost of an item) unleashing their digitalization potential by powering new robot systems that are more cost effective at lower lot sizes.
L4MS relies upon:
- An open industrial IoT platform with enablers for rapid and efficient deployment of customized logistics solutions
- A suite of "Smartization services" including business modelling, technical support, mentoring, access to skills and to finance
The L4MS Marketplace, a one-stop-shop, where European Manufacturing SMEs & Mid-Caps will access the L4MS services A portfolio of 23 cross-border Application Experiments by 50 SMEs selected through 2 competitive Open Calls, that will test more than 40 services & apps leveraging 10M of public funding across 12 established and emerging Digital Innovation Hubs. A growing ecosystem that will foster Smart Specialization in each single region linked to L4MS.
L4MS will transform a pan-European ecosystem into a self-sustainable start-up operating an Open Platform for Innovations in Logistics (OPIL) and L4MS marketplace consisting of 21 members. Comprising 6 Competence Centres, 5 technology providers, 4 industry associations, 3 end-users and 3 business developers -currently engaged in I4MS (XS2I4MS, HORSE and BEinCPPS) and FIWARE- plus 6 Satellites Nodes.
L4MS covers 14 EU countries, 15 regions with 8 of them from East Europe. L4MS will help demonstrate that public funded research with a 'Smartization' approach (accelerating Industry 4.0) can help manufacturing SMEs & Mid-Caps achieve digital excellence and global competitiveness through logistics automation become 'entrepreneurial states' and digital industries.
|Total budget - Public funding:||8 764 549,00 Euro - 8 764 549,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||ICT Innovation for Manufacturing SMEs (I4MS) (FoF.2017.12)|
- Saving time in production by automating logis...
- Collaboration of robots and workers to improv...
- Overhead transport to tackle lack of floor sp...
- Mobile robots to increase efficiency by facil...
- Periodic Reporting for period 1 - L4MS (Logis...
- Open call package documents (second round)
- | VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd. (Coördinator)
- | ASOCIATIA PRODUCATORILOR DE MOBILA DIN ROMANIA
- | AUTOMATISMOS Y SISTEMAS DE TRANSPORTE INTERNO SA
- | CHEMI-PHARM AS
- | ENGINO.NET LTD
- | EUROPEAN DYNAMICS ADVANCED SYSTEMS OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS INFORMATICS AND TELEMATICS SA
- | Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A.
- | FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT
- | FUNDACIO BARCELONA MOBILE WORLD CAPITAL FOUNDATION
- | FundingBox Accelerator Sp. z.o.o.
- | Hermia Business Development Ltd
- | INOVACIJSKI CENTAR NIKOLA TESLA
- | KINE ROBOT SOLUTIONS OY
- | LIETUVOS ROBOTIKOS ASOCIACIJA
- | MURAPLAST d.o.o.