L4MS (Logistics For Manufacturing SMEs) will spark incremental (productivity increase of new users by a factor of 4 and system setup time reduction by a factor of 10) and disruptive innovation (batch size one & consumerization) for over 100,000 European Manufacturing SMEs & Mid-Caps, building on their intra-factory logistics challenge (50% of the production cost of an item) unleashing their digitalization potential by powering new robot systems that are more cost effective at lower lot sizes.
L4MS relies upon:
- An open industrial IoT platform with enablers for rapid and efficient deployment of customized logistics solutions.
- A suite of "Smartization services" including business modelling, technical support, mentoring, access to skills and to finance.
- The L4MS Marketplace, a one-stop-shop, where European Manufacturing SMEs & Mid-Caps will access the L4MS services.
- A portfolio of 23 cross-border Application Experiments by 50 SMEs selected through 2 competitive Open Calls, that will test more than 40 services & apps leveraging 10M of public funding across 12 established and emerging Digital Innovation Hubs.
- A growing ecosystem that will foster Smart Specialization in each single region linked to L4MS.
L4MS will transform a pan-European ecosystem into a self-sustainable start-up operating an Open Platform for Innovations in Logistics (OPIL) and L4MS marketplace consisting of 21 members. Comprising 6 Competence Centres, 5 technology providers, 4 industry associations, 3 end-users and 3 business developers -currently engaged in I4MS (XS2I4MS, HORSE and BEinCPPS) and FIWARE- plus 6 Satellites Nodes. L4MS covers 14 EU countries, 15 regions with 8 of them from East Europe.
L4MS will help demonstrate that public funded research with a 'Smartization' approach (accelerating Industry 4.0) can help manufacturing SMEs & Mid-Caps achieve digital excellence and global competitiveness through logistics automation become 'entrepreneurial states' and digital industries.
|Number of participants:||21|
|Total budget - EC contribution:||8764549 Euro - 8764549 Euro|
|Call topic:||ICT Innovation for Manufacturing SMEs (I4MS) (FoF.2017.12)|
Added value and impact - (No information available)
Technologies and enablers - (9) view
Digitalisation pathways - (No information available)
Use Case Requirements and Lessons Learned - (No information available)
ICT performance characteristics - (No information available)
Standards, standardisation and regulation - (No information available)
Business model aspects - (No information available)
Diverse - (No information available)
- Politecnico di Milano
- VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.
- Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A.
- Visual Components OY
- KINE ROBOT SOLUTIONS OY
- Hermia Business Development Ltd
- EUROPEAN DYNAMICS ADVANCED SYSTEMS OF TELECOM...
- ASOCIATIA PRODUCATORILOR DE MOBILA DIN ROMANI...
- AUTOMATISMOS Y SISTEMAS DE TRANSPORTE INTERNO...
- CHEMI-PHARM AS
- TECHNOLOGIKO PANEPISTIMIO KYPROU
- ENGINO.NET LTD
- INOVACIJSKI CENTAR NIKOLA TESLA