European Factories of the Future will have to be smart and green: SMART: high performance, reconfigurable, adaptive and evolving factories based on robotic technologies, GREEN: reduced ecological footprint through a more efficient use, at factory level, of material and energy resources. Industrial Robotics is the strategic technology needed to keep the European Manufacturing leading edge, unfortunately it is intrinsically energy intensive, and its massive adoption compromises factories sustainability.
The SUNRISE project objective is to overcome this limitation providing an innovative integrated technology and engineering platform, intrinsically interdisciplinary, modular and configurable based on four innovations:
- An integrated set of Energy Consumption reduction technologies (R-ECO) based on a novel factory electrical power supply system to exchange, harvest, store and recover energy at factory level improving the use of renewable energy sources;
- A Robotic production systems Integrated Design and simulation environment (R-ID) for the eco-efficient design of robotic plants focused on the simulation of energy flows under a co-evolving product-process-robotic production systems approach;
- A Robotic manufacturing processes OPTimization environment (R-OPT) for the optimal sustainable production scheduling under a control engineering approach;
- LCA methods(R-LCA) to assess and optimize both environmental and economic costs linked with the flows of Material, Energy and Waste (MEW) of co-evolving products and processes realized with robotic production systems.
These building blocks will enable the modular and scalable/progressive development of singularly optimized sustainable robotic manufacturing applications (or the re-adaptation of existing production facilities) and will be demonstrated on 7 industrial case studies for their future exploitment.
|Total budget - Public funding:||5 985 628,00 Euro - 3 680 000,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||Improved use of renewable resources at factory level (FoF.NMP.2013-1)|
This is a set of Specific Objectives and Research & Innovation Objectives that is subject to a consultation in preparation of the Made In Europe Partnership. For more guidance about the consultation, please see www.effra.eu/made-in-europe-state-play.
Digital Twin simulation, optimization and control which enable to improve energy efficiency, robot manufacturing accuracy and cycle time.
Dynamic process planner with automatic multi-platform code generation for robust, quality-optimal flexible production
Plug and Produce Cyber Physical production Systems based on Digital Twins allowing predictive optimization of the manufacturing performance.
Process Sequence Planner allows real time reconfigurable and intelligent robotic manufacturing by optimizing productivity and sustainability and by reducing downtime with optimal trajectories and sequence generation,
AI tools enabling complex and distributed manufacturing chains, especially in the automotive and aerospace sector
Novel DC Industrial Smart Grid for robust, advanced sustainable manufacturing. Novel DC powered robot end effectors and manufacturing tools
On the cloud process planner and robot trajectories optimization
novel DC industrial smart grid achieves carbon-neutral manufacturing at lower costs by leveraging energy regeneration and recuperation approaches, with a drastic reduction of power losses and energy quality problems as well as the use of precious metals.
Robotic plants simulation and optimization tools which increase energy efficiency with a minimum Life Cycle Cost
Integrated LCC and LCA tools allow the identification of sustainable circular economy strategies
On-the-cloud novel integrated LCA and LCC tools provide environmental and financial appraisal of industrial eco systems, with a special focus on the impact of production lines, factories and manufacturing supply chains
predictive robotic manufacturing digital twin based control
Novel digital twin based planning and control tools allow fast and seamless reconfigurable intelligent robotic manufacturing
Higher density robot plants with reduced footprint
secure and encrypted data communication
faster and more efficient robotic process planner enables superior reconfigurability for mass customized products
digital twin-driven human device interaction
AI and advanced simulation support operators and process engineers to improve both overall sustainability and manufacturing performance
Novel robotic plants focused on extreme reconfigurability, energy efficiency and manifacturing quality
reduced robotic plants Life Cycle Cost to ease the massive adoption of Industry 4.0 technologies also by SME
- DC Power Supply System ...
- DC-Robot architecture ...
- Single and Multi-Robot Energy Consumption sim...
- Robot Energy efficient Trajectories and e...
- Multi-robot scheduling and optimization soft...
- PLC software tool for energy optimal contro...
- software tool for LCA and LCC of Robotic Prod...