The European robotics industry is moving towards a new generation of robots, based on safety in the workplace and the ability to work alongside humans. This new generation is paramount to making the factories of the future more cost-effective and restoring the competitiveness of the European manufacturing industry. However, the European manufacturing industry is facing the following challenges:
- lack of adaptability,
- lack of flexibility, and
- lack of vertical integration.
The proposed SYMBIO-TIC project addresses these important issues towards a safe, dynamic, intuitive and cost-effective working environment were immersive and symbiotic collaboration between human workers and robots can take place and bring significant benefits to robot-reluctant industries (where current tasks and processes are thought too complex to be automated). The benefits that the project can bring about include lower costs, increased safety, better working conditions and higher profitability through improved adaptability, flexibility, performance and seamless integration.
This project is planned for 48 months with a consortium of 15 partners from 7 EU Member States.
|Total budget - Public funding:||7 230 208,00 Euro - 6 451 703,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||Symbiotic human-robot collaborations for safe and dynamic multimodal manufacturing systems (FoF.NMPB.2014.6)|
This is a set of Specific Objectives and Research & Innovation Objectives that is subject to a consultation in preparation of the Made In Europe Partnership. For more guidance about the consultation, please see www.effra.eu/made-in-europe-state-play.
- 3D modelling software tools
- Active collision avoidance system and algorit...
- Energy efficient trajectory planner
- Real-time multimodal command processing and i...
- Zero programming modules
- Flexible force control of robots in collabora...
- External Communication Package for Open Sourc...
- Mobile worker identification and tracking sys...
- Context-aware instruction generation
- Robot control with hand gestures
- Planning and control cockpit
- Demonstrator 1: Human-Robot Collaboration in ...
- Demonstrator 2: Human-Robot Collaboration on...
- Demonstrator 3: Human-Robot Collaboration - ...
- Demonstrator 1 completion
- Demonstrator 2 completion
- Demonstrator 3 completion
- Integrated suite to human workers
- Collision avoidance subsystem
- Planning & control cockpit
- | KTH (Royal Institute of Technology) (Coördinator)
- | ABB AB
- | ACITURRI ENGINEERING SL
- | AMORPH SYSTEMS GMBH
- | FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT
- | FUNDACION PRODINTEC
- | HOGSKOLAN I SKOVDE
- | IK4-IDEKO
- | LMS - University of Patras
- | MTA SZTAKI
- | Profactor GmbH
- | ROBOMOTION GMBH
- | SANXO-SYSTEMS FINN-MAGYAR MERESTECHNIKAI ES AUTOMATIZALASI KFT
- | VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.
- | Volvo Cars