The AI REGIO project aims at filling 3 major gaps currently preventing AI-driven DIHs from implementing fully effective digital transformation pathways for their Manufacturing SMEs:
- at policy level the Regional vs. EU gap;
- at technological level the Digital Manufacturing vs. Innovation Collaboration Platform gap;
- at business level the Innovative AI (Industry 5.0) vs Industry 4.0 gap.
Regional smart specialization strategies for Efficient Sustainable Manufacturing and Digital Transformation (VANGUARD initiative for Industrial Modcernisation) are so far insufficiently coordinated and integrated at cross-regional and pan-EU level. SME-driven >AI innovations cannot scale up to become pan-EU accessible in global marketplaces as well as SME-driven experiments remain trapped into a too local dimension without achieving a large scale dimension. Regional vs. EU Gap.
Digital Manufacturing Platforms DMP and Digital Innovation Hubs DIH play a fundamental role in the implementation of the Digital Single Market and Digitsing European Industry directives to SMEs, but so far such initiatives, communities, innovation actions are running in a quite independent if not siloed way, where very often Platform-related challenges are not of interest for DIHs and Socio-Business impact not of interest for DMP. DMP vs. DIH Gap.
Many Industrial Data Platforms based on IOT Data in Motion and Analytics Data at Rest have been recently developed to implement effective Industry 4.0 pilots (I4MS Phase III platforms). The AI revolution and the new relationship between autonomous systems and humans (Industry 5.0) has not been properly addressed in I4MS so far. AI I5.0 vs. I4.0 Gap.
AI REGIO is following the 4 steps for VANGUARD innovation strategy (learn-connect-demonstrate-commercialize) by constantly aligning its methods with the AI DIH Network initiative and its assets with I4MS/DIH BEinCPPS Phase II and MIDIH / L4MS Phase III projects. AI REGIO: Industry 5.0 for SMEs
|Total budget - Public funding:||9 200 080,00 Euro - 7 999 207,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||I4MS (phase 4) - uptake of digital game changers (DT-ICT-03-2020)|
- | Politecnico di Milano (Coördinator)
- | AGENCIA PER A LA COMPETITIVITAT DE LA EMPRESA (ACCIO)
- | ARCULUS GMBH (Arculus GmbH)
- | ART-ER
- | ARTIFICIOUS (ARTIFICIOUS)
- | ASOCIACIÓN INDUSTRIA NAVARRA
- | ASSOCIAZIONE FABBRICA INTELLIGENTE LOMBARDIA
- | BRAINPORT DEVELOPMENT NV
- | BRAINPORT INDUSTRIES COOPERATIE UA (BPT)
- | CEA (COMMISSARIAT A L ENERGIE ATOMIQUE ET AUX ENERGIES ALTERNATIVES)
- | COMET SCRL
- | COMPANY FOR PROVISON OF SERVICES, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT NISSATECH INNOVATION CENTRE DOO
- | CONSIGLIO NAZIONALE DELLE RICERCHE
- | CONSORZIO INTELLIMECH (IMECH)
- | CONSULTORES DE AUTOMATIZACION Y ROBOTICA S.A.