Traditional manufacturing industry is in the throes of a digital transformation. The global adoption of information and communications technology by manufacturing industry is now paving the way for disruptive approaches to production and the entire logistics chain. Supporting this "Industrial Revolution 4.0", the SatisFactory solution aims to contribute to transforming traditional industrial environments using cutting-edge technologies in ways that are both productive and appealing to workers and younger generations. The objective is to increase the flexibility, productivity and innovation potential of modern factories, while enhancing the skills and commitment of the workforce. The fundamental component of the proposed system is the integrated management of the explicit and tacit knowledge created on the shop floor. The solution aggregates a set of heterogeneous smart devices and sensors, and extracts context-aware information based on their measurements.
The distribution of this knowledge is based on 3 important system tools:
- A training platform that allows the fast and intuitive education of employees
- A collaboration platform that stimulates and promotes team interactions
- Ubiquitous user interfaces that support all employees seamlessly in real time and on the move
SatisFactory also utilises the aggregated knowledge in order to leverage the control and re-adaptation of facilities and streamline the workload. In order to enhance working experience and thus increase the workplace attractiveness, augmented reality and gamification approaches are being utilized. Additionally, modern wearable devices such as augmented reality glasses allow the interaction of workers with the system without disrupting their workflow.
The SatisFactory solution and its technology products are currently deployed and evaluated in three industrial sites in Italy and Greece, namely at:
- COMAU S.p.A, an Italian multinational company based in Turin, Italy, part of the Fiat Group. Comau is an integrated company, including 20 subsidiaries, which develops and produces process automation, manufacturing and service products and specializes in welding robots
- Systems Sunlight S.A., a global player in the field of integrated energy solutions, specializing in the development, production and marketing of batteries and energy storage systems for industrial, advanced technology and consumer applications
- CPERI (Chemical Process Engineering Research Institute), a non-profit research and technological development (RTD) organization in Thessaloniki, Greece. Expected benefits range from increased workers wellbeing to easier safety management and productivity gains.
|Total budget - Public funding:||5 295 525,00 Euro - 4 024 712,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||Developing smart factories that are attractive to workers (FoF.NMPB.2014.4)|
This is a set of Specific Objectives and Research & Innovation Objectives that is subject to a consultation in preparation of the Made In Europe Partnership. For more guidance about the consultation, please see www.effra.eu/made-in-europe-state-play.
Autonomy in factories is achieved by security systems that produce alerts and warnings, by training courses that does not require a trainer and by applications that signs daily jobs automatically to the most appropriate employees based on specific criteria.
This kind of spreadsheets are used for presenting the scheduled daily jobs, assigned to employees.
Basic way of acquiring data from the involved shop floors.
This software has been implemented for scheduling the daily jobs in an industrial premises. Implemented at both central pilots.
Implemented at both central pilots.
Implemented at both central pilots.
Optimization on security level and safety monitoring
Optimization on the assembly line
In both pilots
Applicable, 24/7 safety monitoring
Applicable, real time analysis in received data from the production line.
In this project, hyperconnectivity in factories is achieved by enabling IoT in training procedures, product development Life-Cycle and design for Manufacturing and assembly. Moreover, there is knowledge sharing via collaboration platform and virtual simulation of production line which offer intelligence in an "hyperconnected way".
- Ultra Wide Band (UWB) Localization Devices ...
- Modular Plant Data Exchange Software
- DELIVERABLE D5.5 - Final System Evaluation Re...
- Middleware + Ontology Management
- iDSS-Decision Support System for Incident Det...
- Context-Aware Manager
- In-Factory Collaborative Tools ...
- AR In-Factory Platform ...
- Industry Oriented Gamification Tools
- Human Resources Workload Balancing Toolkit ...
- Augmented Reality Glasses ...
- "On-the-job" Training and Educational Platfor...
- DELIVERABLE D1.1 - User group definitions, en...
- DELIVERABLE D1.2 - Use Case Analysis and Appl...
- DELIVERABLE D1.3 - SatisFactory Common Inform...
- SatisFactory Maintenance DSS
- SatisFactory Visual Analytics Tool
- SatisFactory Localization Manager GUI
- SatisFactory Readaptation and HR workload bal...
- SatisFactory Thermal Cameras Calibration - CE...
- SatisFactory Thermal Cameras Incident detecti...
- SatisFactory Gesture and Content Recognition ...
- SatisFactory Collaboration Platform - CERTH/C...
- SatisFactory Gamification Platform
- RiaStone Autonomous Quality ZDM for “Cerami...
- SatisFactory Video Trailer with Demo Material
- Incident Detection at SUNLIGHT S.A. (entrance...
- SatisFactory Marker Based AR Training - CERTH...
- SatisFactory Markerless AR Assembly Training
- SatisFactory Incident Detection with Depth Ca...
- | CENTRE FOR RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY HELLAS CERTH (Coördinator)
- | ATLANTIS Engineering S.A.
- | Comau SPA
- | ECOLE POLYTECHNIQUE FEDERALE DE LAUSANNE (EPFL)
- | FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT
- | GLASSUP SRL
- | Q-PLAN INTERNATIONAL
- | Regola srl
- | SIGMA ORIONIS SA
- | SYSTEMS SUNLIGHT INDUSTRIAL & COMMERCIAL COMPANY OF DEFENSIVE/, ENERGY/, ELECTRONIC AND TELECOMMUNIC...