The ROSSINI project aims to develop a disruptive, inherently safe hardware-software platform for the design and deployment of human-robot collaboration (HRC) applications in manufacturing. By combining innovative sensing, actuation and control technologies (developed by world market leaders in their field), and integrating them in an open development environment, the ROSSINI platform will deliver a set of tools which will enable the spread of HRC applications where robots and human operators will become members of the same team, increasing job quality, production flexibility and productivity.
Thanks to enhanced robot sensing capabilities, the deployment of artificial intelligence to optimise productivity and safety, and natively collaborative manipulation technologies, ROSSINI will deliver high performance HRC workcells, combining the safety of traditional cobots with the working speed and payloads of industrial robots.
The ROSSINI research lines will this be:
- SENSING: A high performance Smart and Safe Sensor System for human and robot detection & tracking, capable of quickening sensors response time by 70%
- CONTROL: A safety aware control architecture for robot dynamic reconfiguration, capable of reducing robot task execution time by 45%
- ACTUATION: An innovative, collaborative by birth robot manipulator, to be marketed through the ROSSINI platform, capable of increasing the working speed when collaborating with humans by 45%
- HUMAN FACTORS: Human factors analysis for mutual predictability of robot and human intentions, capable of increasing job quality index by 15%
- RISK ASSESSMENT: A risk assessment procedure based on new interpretation of collision values, capable of reducing (combined with other results) by 30% the time and cost of reconfiguration, and increasing the allowed robot working speed by 20%
The research lines will be combined into 3 demonstrators (white goods, electronic equipment, and food packaging).
|Total budget - Funding:||7 978 176,00 Euro - 7 978 176,00 Euro|
|Call topic:||Effective Industrial Human-Robot Collaboration (RIA) (DT-FOF-02-2018)|
- No published items
- No published items
- DATALOGIC SRL (DATALOGIC)
- DATALOGIC IP TECH SRL (DLIPTECH)
- PILZ GMBH & CO. KG (PILZ)
- University of Modena and Reggio Emilia
- University of applied sciences and arts of so...
- TNO - Nederlandse Organisatie voor Toegepast ...
- INDUSTRIELE MECHANISATIE OF AUTOMATISATIE NV ...
- CRIT Research Srl
- CORE INNOVATION AND TECHNOLOGY OE
- INDESIT COMPANY S.P.A.
- SCHINDLER SUPPLY CHAIN EUROPE AG (SCHINDLER)
- I.M.A. INDUSTRIA MACCHINE AUTOMATICHE SPA (IM...